Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FireFox 3.5.4 Released.

Smile FireFox 3.5.4 Released.

Greetz.

Make the switch to Firefox – the faster, safer, smarter way to browse the Web.
    They are using this statement for the new version>

The Fastest Firefox Yet

Things move quickly online, and we’ve beefed up the engine that runs Firefox to make sure you can keep up: Firefox 3.5 is more than twice as fast as Firefox 3, and ten times as fast as Firefox 2.* As a result, Web applications like email, photo sites and your favorite social networks will feel snappier and more responsive.

View all performance features.
    Learn more about Firefox 3.5’s performance upgrades.
    * Based on the results of a SunSpider test of JavaScript performance on a Windows XP machine.

What’s New in Firefox 3.5.4

Firefox 3.5.4 fixes the following issues:

• Several security issues.
    • Fixed several stability issues.
    • Added the ability to re-submit crash reports (bug 378528)
    • After using Clear Recent History some SSL sites would not load all images and styles without pressing reload (see bug 480619)

Please see the complete list of changes in this version. You may also be interested in the Firefox 3.5.3 release notes for a list of changes in the previous version.

Anyhow for those that use FireFox you can automatically upgrade to the newest version via the Help> Check for updates toolbar within your browser.

Or you can go directly to the mozilla website and grab a copy >

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox.../releasenotes/

2 thing's.

1. Opera Rules

and

2. Fastest firefox yet sounds very similar to "best version of windows yet", which i feel is SO ****ING PATHETIC ! It ****ing has to be BETTER THEN THE LAST VERSION OF YOUR SOFTWARE ! How can you make that a highlight ! morons..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTeWrangler View Post
    2 thing's.

1. Opera Rules

and

2. Fastest firefox yet sounds very similar to "best version of windows yet", which i feel is SO ****ING PATHETIC ! It ****ing has to be BETTER THEN THE LAST VERSION OF YOUR SOFTWARE ! How can you make that a highlight ! morons..
    lol. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

2 thing's.

1. Opera Rules

and

ppppfffff Opera is a lil girls browser.

it and FF have the same thing in comman, they both promise this and that but fail horridly to deliver.

and as far as point 2, welp Opera has similar sounding catch phrases that have similar irony.

that should get the fanboy's attention.

Things move quickly online, and we’ve beefed up the engine that runs Firefox to make sure you can keep up: Firefox 3.5 is more than twice as fast as Firefox 3, and ten times as fast as Firefox 2.*
    Yeah!...................like FF 2.x takes 90 seconds..................I ran out of patience with FF 3.5 after 20 MINUTES! ........it hadn't even started.

So this one will take 10 minutes..............................or is that 9 seconds?...........I am more inclined to believe the former than the latter

When Opera 10 was called faster then its earlier versions it was based on the fact that, opera 10 includes a new feature called "opera turbo"

http://www.opera.com/business/solutions/turbo/

You still think FF is better ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I certainly think that 3.5.4 is.................. with 3.5.2 I would still be waiting for it to start! (from back in May)

Yes, I backed up and went to 3.5.4 and it seems OK. I didn't time the cold start, but I would guess it at about the same as 2.0.15?.............60~90 seconds (please remember it has to load plugins and a homepage).

I just updated Opera to 10.01 and it cold started in 23 seconds, which beat Safari by about 2 seconds

As I mentioned, I had problems with FF from 3.5.0 until 3.5.2, which just wouldn't start!!! The 3.5.4 is OK again, so I don't know what the problem was; other than that I was not the only one to have it!

I notice that FF 3.5.4 will start second and subsequent instances in less than 10 seconds, which is an improvement over the 2.x versions.

Smile

When Opera 10 was called faster then its earlier versions it was based on the fact that, opera 10 includes a new feature called "opera turbo"

http://www.opera.com/business/solutions/turbo/

this turbo feature that you talk about basically gives a pipelining effect, and compresses items on the page you want to view so that they appear a lil quicker.

k-meleon has a similar feature, there's also an addon for FireFox called fasterfox that practically does the same feature.

It's nothing real fancy this type of feature has been present in most browsers since the dial up days.

OK 06.30 hours...............coffee on the way...................

I booted from cold and let it fester...............connected to internet..........not top bunny today at 5.5Mbps ()

FF started in 10 seconds.............Opera in about 22 seconds Safari a few seconds slower...................

Nihil load up the browsers 1 at a time with a few tabs that have a few images, load up youtube with a video streaming, and find a website with java games.

then randomly open a new tab and view another plain website and this time select any link and make it open in a new window and see how each browser fairs.

Also monitor system resources...

then note down the results, close the browser, launch the next browser and repeat.