View Poll Results: Which Browser do you dislike the most & Why?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer.

9 47.37%
  • FireFox.

5 26.32%
  • Chrome.

3 15.79%
  • Opera.

5 26.32%
  • Maxthon.

3 15.79%
  • Other - State in your post.

4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Browser do you hate & why?

Hybrid View

Post Which Browser do you hate & why?

Greetz.

The Poll is Multiple Choice, so choose the Browser/s that you dislike the most for your vote. )

Thought i'd start a thread and see which browser is most disliked & why, and which Browser is sort of liked & why?

so dust of those Flame suits as in this thread anything can happen, and i'll allow the FanBoy's to go hog wild in here.
    Last edited by t34b4g5; November 1st, 2009 at 09:44 AM.

boy that's a tough one. I guess it's between IE, chrome, and Firefox, but if there were only those choices I would probably use Firefox, because while it has no native features to speak of, it is extensible.

The only advantage chrome has over IE is that it's a very light fast program. Otherwise they're pretty close. I guess I don't really know

I don't like Internet Explorer because I "have" to use it in certain situations. Mind you that is as much the fault of the websites & applications I am updating. I have no problem with the product itself. I still run a few Windows 2000 boxes so v6 isn't my browser of choice for security reasons.

My problem with FireFox came when I went to 3.5 and it screwed my system and all the other browsers apart from Opera! I am currently running 3.0.15 which is fine. I guess I will give 3.5.x another go after Christmas.

To be honest, this is a POS of a machine though .............but it does run XP SP3 which isn't bad for a 1999 box?................it should have been able to handle 3.5 IMO.

well I'm not so sure. My box isn't that old and I immediately noticed a performance hit when upgrading to 3.5. Thing took forever to open. I was using Firefox as a secondary browser for certain situations. I have my main browser set to open Firefox passing it the current URL just by right clicking and then left clicking. After that upgrade I switched it to chrome. Opens 10 times faster.

JPnyc,

To be honest I really must try FF 3.5 on a reasonable bit of kit just to check the findings.

This thing is dying I am sure..............it will only run a 100MHz FSB so an Athlon XP1900+ will only go at 1200 MHz. It used to go at just under 1600?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................ this is a hard one, given that the MoBo is from 1999 and probably an ECS. I happen to have found a "new" AMD Duron 1300 that would probably suit it..............on the other hand I have also found an ASUS MoBo that will go up to around AthlonXP3000+, so would run the 1900+ at its true potential?

Awww soddit..................it doesn't take that long to rebuild

EDIT:

Just loaded it..............and it seems to work!!!...........not sure of times though, so I will check and report back; but it seemed slightly better than the v.2.x.x I was using.
    Last edited by nihil; November 1st, 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    well I'm not so sure. My box isn't that old and I immediately noticed a performance hit when upgrading to 3.5. Thing took forever to open. I was using Firefox as a secondary browser for certain situations. I have my main browser set to open Firefox passing it the current URL just by right clicking and then left clicking. After that upgrade I switched it to chrome. Opens 10 times faster.
    i notcied the same with 3.5.4 and more so with 3.5.5 im going to go back to 3.0.15 like nihil suggested for now till they get it fixed

I didn't realize it was multiple choice until after I hit the submit button, otherwise I would have voted for all of them.

FF seems faster with 3.5.4 ... takes 5-10 seconds to open for me on a fresh boot. [Win7 Pro 64b - 3ghz dual core - 8 GB RAM] ... It is pretty quick in Ubuntu as well, but I don't recall the version off hand. It is the browser I use most often, but still seems use huge amounts of memory.

Chrome is fast enough at first, but it starts slowing down, and eventually gets to the point where I just have to close it and reopen it.

Opera is alright, if it can display the page I am trying to view correctly.

Isn't Maxthon just the internet explorer engine with a different interface? I haven't used it since it was called MyIE2, but it seems like that was the case.

IE is ok, I suppose. I haven't been too incredibly aggravated with IE8...

I just wish there was a stable, lightweight browser, that didn't develop memory leaks, and could display pages correctly. Is that too much to ask?!
    Last edited by westin; November 4th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Wink

Your a fussy little one arn't you Westin.

anyhow i added those extra votes for you also

also i remember i recommended k-meleon to you a few months back, how did you get on with that?

i know at first it's a devil to configure but once you learn the menu's were everything is located it is a tuff little lightweight browser.

Also there are a head of FF addons that are being ported to work with it also.

Anyhow if you want help setting it up etc then send me a PM.

I tried K-Meleon for a while, at first I loved it, but it started locking up/crashing on me, so I switched back to FF [that is not to say that FF does not lock up/crash on me either, just less often]... I might give KM a bit to mature, and then try it again. I kind of feel the same way about chrome, I really like it for the first 20-30 minutes I have it open, but then it gets all 'ate-up with suck' [as Seth Misenar would say]...

And no I am NOT fussy... *sniffs*

I appreciate the recount. :-P
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Hmm locking up / crashing, i've never experienced that effect

would it just randomly lockup etc, or were you able to replicate it?