Hi Folks,

I have been working on a Toshiba Notebook running Vista Home Basic.

The guy originally called because his AT&T Broadband service was not working. It kept giving him an error 692. AT&T replaced the device, but that one did not work either.

So I tried un/reinstalling the software, no luck.

I took the notebook to my house, and tried to connect to the WiFi there. It pulled a 169.* address, so I figured DHCP might be having trouble. I reset my wireless router, and tried again... 169.*. Other machines on my network could pull an IP with no trouble. I tried a static IP address, but still was not able to ping any hosts. So I decided to plug the notebook directly into the router. Still pulled a 169 address.

I have tried the following as well:

Code:
netsh int ip reset log.txt
netsh winsock reset

sfc /scannow
No luck.

Malware Bytes AntiMalware scan turned up nothing. Haven't scanned with much else yet. [on a side note, is it possible to get a full offline AVG Free installer any more? All I can find is the download manager. I hate those things.]

I booted off of an Ubuntu live cd, and both the wired and the wireless worked fine.

Any other ideas before I reinstall Vista? I mentioned this as a possibility, and he didn't seem too opposed to the idea.

Thanks in advance.