Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Linen0ise View Post
    sorry....I really am. The topic "microcrap coffee" was posted in the newbie section. You a good mod.... you noticed that the small things.
    The "Microsoft Coffee" thread you started is still in the newbie security area:> http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=278648

thankyou for the compliment. i have a txt file loaded with little notes so i can stay up to date and remember the little things.

update: Soon you will be able to make free, untraceable GSM cell calls with a $40 device and a broadband connection. The device emulates a celltower. Should be good news for ATT and T-mobile users.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/...show_magicjack

I don't see why they have any right to object. Their service is not being used. I mean that would be like the cable company objecting to me viewing prerecorded media on my TV, or using a roof antenna. I own the TV and what I choose to put through it is none of their business. Same goes for the phone, unless the phone itself is part of a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    I don't see why they have any right to object. Their service is not being used. I mean that would be like the cable company objecting to me viewing prerecorded media on my TV, or using a roof antenna. I own the TV and what I choose to put through it is none of their business. Same goes for the phone, unless the phone itself is part of a contract.
    I would not have a problem paying magicjack. I heard they are trying to port it to unix\linux. Hell... I use linux way more than windows 7. Linux has virtualbox and other methods such as any VoIP app such as skype to beat that lil' circuit board. Att is sucking me good....why do I want to leave. Fvck.... I worked for them. Never bite the hands that feeds you even though you had to wait for a 2-week homeland security check and more weeks because your subcontractor is a spy for Israeal. Obama doesn't know about that yet.. hahahaha
    Last edited by Linen0ise; January 9th, 2010 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linen0ise View Post
    I thought the military worship encryption and high-grade software protection systems. How in the world can a $26 piece of software monitor satellite controlled drones? That new stealth predator is probably vulnerable also. Sad, Sad, Sad. Also means other things are can be intercepted. Damn shame.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1261...?mod=yhoofront
    There are two entirely different systems in place, with entirely different requirements for security.

The control systems have not been broken. Those were the only portion protected.

The feeds CANNOT be encrypted. If they are, ground troops will no longer be able to use them, allied units will not be able to use them, and other necessary parties will not be able to use them. The security of the keys themselves and the classification levels of such things make sharing encrypted connections virtually impossible. Even encrypted landlines rarely cross international boundaries, let alone an easily attacked vehicle.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Quote Originally Posted by D0pp139an93r View Post
    The feeds CANNOT be encrypted. If they are, ground troops will no longer be able to use them, allied units will not be able to use them, and other necessary parties will not be able to use them. The security of the keys themselves and the classification levels of such things make sharing encrypted connections virtually impossible. Even encrypted landlines rarely cross international boundaries, let alone an easily attacked vehicle.
    The control link is controlled; I can understand that. The Data: Why did the government lie and say they were going to change things when me and you know that solder johnie cant run around programming codes and reprogramming after grunts unexpectly leave their posts. In reality, they fed the sheep and the new topic of today is Haiti. Thats what they want. The public has ADD. I know you can't reprogram every ammunition and gadget available. Let's drop it.
    Last edited by Linen0ise; January 16th, 2010 at 07:50 AM.