View Poll Results: Should the "4" Smiley Restriction be lifted to a higher amount?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • Raise it to 6

1 11.11%
  • Raise it to 8

0 0%
  • No the Current 4 smiley limit is sufficient

0 0%
  • I Surfing the Interwebz

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Smiley's.

More Smiley's.

Greetz.

Just curious if the 4 smiley rule could be lifted to say 6?

As sometimes i feel the need to use more then the allowed amount, and it get's kind of old when i have to remove a smiley think of a word i can use to replace the smiley.

Also i've added the Poll so ya'h might as well make a "Vote"

*Edit* I have added 2 more options to the Poll. Remeber the Poll is Multiple Choice so you can make more then 1 choice while casting your vote"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by t34b4g5; June 5th, 2009 at 05:26 AM.

Banned
    How about bring back the ones that no longer link to anything. Or allow IMG tags to show up as images instead of links atleast.

Honestly, I had no idea there was a limit. So sure... increase it... I guess. Or don't. Whatever...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I think you might want to include the new limit in the poll.

You know Joe, we COULD have a little like, well, not a competition, but something that let members here make NEW smiley's for AO. That would be kind of neat at least. So far I only use the Pumpkin one really, and that one didn't even work when I first joined because it was broken, and JP wouldn't fix it when I brought it up, because the way it was spelled was like pumpkin with a ":" next to it, which of course was the tongue out smiley at the front.

But we could use some new ones, I mean it's not like it would be super hard to let members create new ones and just add them in.

As for images, I think they are linked because a few years ago...Or like 5 years ago, someone was using it to spam the **** out of the forums. They posted like 700 line long sigs, and it was REALLY annoying. That's probably why it isn't allowed now because I remember watching it thinking "Ugh if only computers had a Shot gun strapped to them so you could shoot morons".

Of course that was after the "Look I'm in Texas and put a 12 gauge on my computer with a net connection and you can pay to shoot deer by clicking on something on my web page" guy who probably got shot or something.

I like those. We should totally add a DooM BFG though. DooM's source in in the GPL, I'm sure there is some lawyer back handed enough to allow us to use their crap

Oh! And we could make energy drink Smiley's. Like Jolt, Red Bull, Monster. I doubt any one of those companies would turn down free advertising. And considering the well known "Computer nerds love Caffeine" thing, it would work out I think. We already have a Coffee Smiley. Might as well give AO a 20th century make over.

Banned
    It wasn't the feature in itself. There was a bug that let everyone get around the limited size of signatures. So what you'd do is split up banner sized images into a single image of goatse or tubgirl. And then there where no limits towards text.

Anyways... S0 I HERD SOME THINGS
    I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ
    Last edited by The-Spec; June 6th, 2009 at 12:03 AM.

AO's Filibustier Cheap Scotch Ron's Avatar
    Might as well give AO a 20th century make over.
    Why stop at the smilies? The site could really use a new look and nix the frickin yellow. My $0.02

In God We Trust....Everything else we backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Scotch Ron View Post
    Why stop at the smilies? The site could really use a new look and nix the frickin yellow. My $0.02

Hmmmm i didn't think of that idea.

What sort of vb style would you suggest? (I feel another Poll being made soon )

AO's Filibustier Cheap Scotch Ron's Avatar
    I dont know... Does it really matter... Black, Blue .. Anything but this cheesy yellow would be an improvement.

Here's a vb-based forum I frequent that looks good...

http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/
    In God We Trust....Everything else we backup.

Why not set it up so people can choose their own theme?

I would also like it to make me a fresh cup of coffee each morning, and pour me a glass of bourbon, and a beer at user specified intervals through the afternoon/evenings...

Also, I want it to smell like smoked ham on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday... and alternate between chicken and steak on the other days.

You can handle that, can't you Joe?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST