Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FireFox 3.5.7 update.

FireFox 3.5.7 update.

Greetz.

There is a firefox 3.5.7 update available for those using Firefox.

What’s New in Firefox 3.5.7

Firefox 3.5.7 fixes the following issues:

• Fixed a common stability issue.
    • Fixed a problem with how updates were being presented to users.

Please see the complete list of changes in this version. You may also be interested in the Firefox 3.5.6 release notes for a list of changes in the previous version.

• Fixed a common stability issue.
    • Fixed a problem with how updates were being presented to users.

Will there be a problem with how this update is presented to me?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    [/LIST]Will there be a problem with how this update is presented to me?
    There were people having issues updating to 3.5.6, some people had to use mozbackup to backup there profile, un-install firefox completly, then manually download the 3.5.6v

install that then reapply there profile.

what version are you using?

It's been while,

OPERA RULES !
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTeWrangler View Post
    It's been while,

OPERA RULES !
    I had a deep down gut feeling you were going to come chime that in here.

Yea he beat me to it. It's funny how like, maybe 8 years ago, hardly anyone knew about this Firefox stuff, and then in the last like 5 years it just got HUGE. Both literally and of course figuratively speaking lol.

Back when it was a new browser it was awesome, and now, it's so big you need like... Well let me put it this way:

Look atg the new version of Thunderbird, and the minimum system requirements.... HOW is an EMAIL application in need of a gig of RAM? I mean seriously, I'm not some elitist.. OK I am, but I mean, I'm not saying "Well look at Mutt and Pine" or something like that, I flat out don't know any application for mail that needs THAT kind of stuff. I only have one machine that can run Thunderbird now! Why is that even remotely OK?

Then, look at Seamonkey and it's mail client...Half the needs and twice the speed, and nicer, for less RAM and CPU? I don't know how they get away with this crap.

Opera was one of the first things I installed on my new machine. It's generally that way regardless of OS. It's fast, it works, the mail client is cool even though you can't have folders lol, and it doesn't need resources like that.

If you're tired of Firefox using half your RAM, and you're wondering why exactly it is that a Mail program that isn't a mail server needs that much, and you're wondering why an application for browsing the web, not serving it, needs that crapload of resources, then just download Opera

Do that have adblocking in Opera? something like adblock+

i'll give Opera a test for 2weeks or so, atm i've been using Chrome from the Dev channel for my daily usage, there are a ton of extensions that make it more usable and not such a barebone's broweser with little configuration options.

i stopped using Seamonkey since they fiddled with it's internals and started making it more like firefox. It's heading down that bloated road

I don't know what they call it on Opera, but it has a lot of stuff. It also has Widgets, which you'll probably grow to love. You can see bash.org quotes, LOLCatz, and take notes, without loading anything from Windows. It's pretty neat.

Could you find out what it's called? i'm not to fond of the whole widget stuff

i've downloaded the installer so let me know the name and i'll strat playing with it prob monday or tuesday.

Oh just install it Coffee Cup! It's good for you! Besides, what browser do you know of that can detect when you're downloading from a server that's going slow, so it uses DSL style technology built in (You know, DSL works with compressing Data so it can make a POTS network go faster than 56K?) Well, Opera has that built in and the new version of Opera, also has a built in Web Server, file sharing, photo sharing, media player, all built in, yet it doesn't use your resources unless you activate it! It's amazing.

And the Mail client is a lot like Gmail where you don't have folders, but labels. Also the myopera page allows you to use it like a social networking site, and more.

http://unite.opera.com/

Media player

Access your music library from anywhere, anytime and play music right from the Web browser. Or, direct your music through your favorite media player.

File Sharing

Share files directly from your computer easily and safely.

Photo Sharing

Share your personal photos with friends around the world without the need to upload them

Stream media

Stream media online from your own computer with Opera Unite! Audio, video and etc.

http://unite.opera.com/applications/

There is way more. Anyway, I'll see if I can find the stuff you wanted, but I do feel like I'm the guy googling something FOR you But since you're my buddy, I guess I'll try lol.

Anyway, there is a reason that some members here not only reply to Firefox threads about how Opera is better, but a reason why me, who is picky as crap, says the same thing!

It's the only Windows Browser other than Seamonkey I actually use. I don't like Windows Web Browsers, but this one is different. I also use it on Linux and BSD, and, well, if you have a Nintendo Wii, Wii uses Opera too

Anyway, I'll look around and see what it's called. How come you don't like Widgets? The Opera ones are actually cool. They have everything from games to security checks for Browsers and even cryptography and decryption tools and password hashers.

EDIT:

Content blocking

Make Web pages load more quickly—block images, pop-ups, and plug-ins, as you wish.

^I'm assuming this is where it will be. Check that for now, but there is probably more available.

Mouse gestures

Perform movements with your mouse to navigate the Web with Opera's mouse gestures.

E-mail and feed integration

Use the built-in mail client and online feed reader as your default clients.

Reopen closed tabs

If you accidentally close a tab, you can retrieve it from the Closed Tabs button.

Password manager

Store usernames and passwords, so they will be at your fingertips.
    Sessions

Save your open tabs, or start with the pages you had open when Opera was last closed.

Inline spell checker

Spell-check quickly as you type, with support for 48 languages.

Opera Dragonfly

Debug in a cross-device, cross-platform environment with the Opera Dragonfly tools.

Opera Mail

Access, organize and search all of your e-mail with the fastest mail client available.

Quick Find

Search the full text from any Web site you visit, right from your address bar.

Personalize Opera

Choose from hundreds of skins, add or remove buttons, toolbars, or change the entire layout.

Feed Preview

Preview a feed in a clean, multiple-column layout before subscribing to it.
    ==============================================================================

EDIT 2 -

Content blocking

Block images, pop-ups, and plug-ins you do not want to see. Right-click and choose “Block content” to disable annoying elements selectively. To make Web pages load more quickly, or to avoid offensive content, temporarily turn off images by pressing the image button. In Opera, smart pop-up blocking is turned on by default.

Yea I think this is what you might like, but again, there is probably a lot more. Maybe my little Opera buddy can chime in here and let us know if there is another one he knnows of off the top of his head. I don't really use Adblock since I rarely have a problem with them with Opera anyway because by default, a lot of the annoying things online don't load anyway.
    Last edited by gore; January 8th, 2010 at 01:34 AM.