Thread: Internet Freedom?????

Threaded View

Internet Freedom?????

Maybe I should have posted this in Tech Humour? anyways the anoraks are at it again................I bet they all ride Lambrettas

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2256632/...anti-microsoft

or use the interwebz just to get those blue pills?

EDIT:

"By translating Windows 7 Sins into as many languages as possible, we are making this an international campaign for computer user freedom," said FSF campaign manager Matt Lee.
    As far as I am aware, users in most parts of the World are free to chose whatever software they want, and they seem to have done so?

"caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware)............you don't have to buy proprietary products, it's just that most people chose to do so.

"Vox Populi, Vox Dei"..............the voice of the people is the voice of God...........and the people have spoken.

I just cannot believe that the majority of corporate and institutional users Worldwide actually chose proprietary software because they enjoy paying for it? They must have other very good reasons?

If anyone is going to dent Microsoft it will be the Cubans and South Americans. Check out "Nova Linux" (Cuba) and "Red Star Linux" (Argentina).

The Chinese would like to try, but are really not that good.........I have "Red Flag Linux SP1" and "Kylin Linux", but they are really nothing more than regular distros translated into Chinese. The first two are a much more serious attempt to build a friendly GUI (provided you understand Spanish)

If it ever happens, it will be politics that will do the job, not a shower of whining anoraks IMO.
    Last edited by nihil; January 25th, 2010 at 12:03 PM.