problem with gpedit.msc

Thread: problem with gpedit.msc

problem with gpedit.msc

i have been having a problem with gpedit for a few months i use it frequently so id like to fix the problem ,its worked before on this xp ,ive tried reformatting ,a registry fix and a bunch of tips found on Google ,im running windows xp pro sp 3 ,before a few months ago i was able to use gpedit with no problems ,i have reformated twice ,playing with dual boot configurations and also to no avail it doesnt work from the get go,if anyone has any ideas it would be appreacated cause im at a loss , included a screen shot of what it says when i bring gpedit up
    Attached Files Attached Files
    im a Steve Wozniak in a bill gates world

hm... I didn't see a screenshot. Just a blank document.

Are you trying to modify GP for a domain? If so, what version of server are you running on the DC that you are trying to connect to? What functional level are you at?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Yea... Definitely need more info or screen shot to start with.... is there anything found in the sys logs when you run the msc?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by CybertecOne View Post
    Yea... Definitely need more info or screen shot to start with.... is there anything found in the sys logs when you run the msc?
    im sorry for the slow response guys my computer got stolen and i figured out that i disabled a needed windows service as a general rule when i set up my computer i shut them off if there arnt any dependencies l was running windows xp pro with all updates up to sept 2009 slip streamed into the installation and some old windows files taken out to streamline the installation and performance again im very sorry my one laptop got stolen on the way here to Texas and im working on building me a desktop to get me by i don't remember the name of the service in question above as im on friends computer but problem solved ty so much for all your help
    im a Steve Wozniak in a bill gates world