Thread: came across something

came across something

greetings all.

its been sometime i posted here. have been around on and off once or twice last couple of months. busy with other stuff.

the other day, was reading this pdf on "history of hacking" and came across this following entry

[2000 Oct 28]
    After 9 million hack attempts security web site AntiOnline is defaced by Australian hacker 'ron1n' ('n1nor').
    AntiOnline was deemed "unhackable" by the sites owner, John Vranesevich , but a poorly coded cgi script(s) written by
    Vranesevich led to the hack.
    and i am like.....i gotta check this out once i am online again. didnt get much. anyways it was before i was around on the site.

the seniors here would know something about it.

so is the thing true? there has to be an article on the internet about it.

cheers all

baggi
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

I couldn't tell you. We didn't own the site back then.

HYBR|D
    n1n0r wasn't the only person to succesful pwn AntiOnline when JP the original owner and founder owned and run the site.

Info and other interesting stuff..

http://www.spikeman.net/anticode/

After 9 million hack attempts security web site AntiOnline is defaced by Australian hacker 'ron1n' ('n1nor').
    Ah yes! back in the days of 28.8 and 33.6 dial-ups .................. 9 million attempts, and I am sure he counted them all by himself

I am referring to the "trusted consultant" of the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, Mossad, MI5, MI6, of course....................

By 2000, I doubt if AO had had 9 million hits, let alone hack attempts ......... oh! sure, you get lots of hits now due to "background noise" and all the bots that are crawling the net. Back in 2000 there were no bots and no search engine spiders to bump your count..........and that is assuming that all of those were "hacking attempts".

AntiOnline was deemed "unhackable" by the sites owner, John Vranesevich , but a poorly coded cgi script(s) written by Vranesevich led to the hack.
    Yeah, well, we have a National Lottery tonight............guess I'll buy a ticket given that the probabilities are similar

EDIT

Didn't even get one number...........JPV cut code.............you are having a laugh are'nt you?
    Last edited by nihil; April 1st, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

HYBR|D
    Here's a very old link to the network monitor from 2000

http://web.archive.org/web/200008150...ons/hacks.html

Jup removed the other network monitor when they upgraded the forums.

so its true then.

"Network monitoring stations?" so that's how they count all the hack attempts.

now i can proudly say that i am a member of a site that 9 million hack attempts.

and that was back in the year "2000"
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by bagggi View Post
    so its true then.

"Network monitoring stations?" so that's how they count all the hack attempts.

now i can proudly say that i am a member of a site that 9 million hack attempts.

and that was back in the year "2000"
    Yeah JP the original Owner pissed of alot of people back in the day. Especially when he attempted to get attrition shut down.

ironically n1n0r is a member here, and actually lives nearby to me

Also you can brag about how Capt Crunch is also a member here also. :> John Draper

If your not sure whom he is then read this wikipedia page:> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Draper
    Last edited by HYBR|D; April 4th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.