Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for change?

Another thing is psychology.......................when people want to do something clandestine, they usually don't pick on a public place in full view.

We all know the number of private unsecured WiFi hotspots, so one would expect someone to use one of those rather than a public one?

Anyways, if these people have enough knowledge to use a public hotspot for anonymity, wouldn't they also know how to use an anonymous proxy?

And this "marvellous idea" has been dreamed up by people whose mere footsoldiers get paid $100,000 a year!.............plus expenses.............but we won't talk about those right now

WTF? They can't stop us all.

WTF? They can't stop us all.
    This isn't about stopping anything.........on the contrary, it is about useless legislation that won't stop filesharing in any shape or form, but will deny businesses the right to provide services to their customers and deprive the taxpaying public of useful public services.

Basically, if I go into a cafe, pub, bar, restaurant or hotel, I am expected to buy something..............that will probably cost more than the POS I might want to download.

Lurking around outside will only draw the attention of the police.

Most places require that you get a one shot access code, which would mean that I would have to make direct contact.

Given the number of private unsecured hotspots, I am hardly likely to do that, am I?

There again, I could always use an anonymous proxy chain or TOR............and the "sneakernet" still works as well as ever.