Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused about AntiPoints?

Confused about AntiPoints?

Antipoints are covered very well in the sit FAQ's at HERE , but I will attempt to explain some of the more confusing points.

As a brand new member, you have been given 10 anitpoints. This is represented by 1(one) green dot, just under your site status (AntiOnline Newbie). Each dark green gif represents 100 antipoints. When You get over 100 then you will have 2 green dots.

If you are negged then you will lose antipoints, and your dark green gif will fade to gray. If you gain enough negative antipoints your gif will turn red (As in 'WARNING'). Some where, at approximately 300 negative antipoints, you will be automatically banned.

You gain antipoints by the quality( or lack there of) of the posts that you make. I will not go into how to make good post, as this has been covered excedingly well by other members (use the site search feature to find these).

The multicolored bar above your nickname indicates the points that have been assigned to that paticualar post. It starts in the middle and goes positive or negative depending on what other members think of your post. The lable on this bar is 'POST ASSIGNED'.

The multicolored bar ('USER TENDS TO ASSIGN') will eventually (after you gain approx. 50 positive antipoint) move from the far negative side (the default position) to actually indicate the type of antipoints you assign to others (either negative or positive with the middle being neutral).

The value of the antipoints you can assign will vary with your own status. The more postive antipoints you have gained, means the more you will assign when you give another member either negative or postive antipoints. As a AntiOnline Newbie with less than 50 positive antipoints, the value will be zero. But your comments as to why you have assigned will be visible to the person you have assigned the antipoints to. Note: The comments actually mean more to most of us than the points, anyway.

In the third block down on the left hand side of the main page is 'Member Functions'. You check the status of your antipoints in the 'AntiPoint Center'.
    # Private Messages
    # Site Subscriptions
    # AntiPoint Center <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    This will tell you 'Your Antipoint Status', the 'Last 10 AntiPoints That You Have Received' and 'Last 10 AntiPoints That You Gave Out'.

I hope this helps those of you that might be confused about the AntiPoint system.
    Please read the FAQ's Here
    Please use this sites 'Forum Search'.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I wouldn't have been able to say it better myself. You even included the thing about the "user tends to assign" bar which everybody (even myself) is/was confussed about. That is something which I recon should be added to the FAQ as soon as possible.
    Hopefully this will cut down on all those "what are antipoints" questions
    -HDD

Good explaination, but I want to ask you, do we get any points if I just post the Questions, since I'm not expert in Computer, so sometime I can't provide better ideas.

Banned
    Good explaination, but I want to ask you, do we get any points if I just post the Questions, since I'm not expert in Computer, so sometime I can't provide better ideas.
    You get AP's whenever a member feels like giving you some. SOme may give you AP's for being funny in a thread, some may neg you for stupid one liners and stuoid stuff, some may Gvie you AP's for explaining something to someone or posting a smart question. All depend on other members.

AO Part Timer
    Each dark green gif represents 100 antipoints. When You get over 100 then you will have 2 green dots.
    If I may add, the last 3 light green boxes cost 200 positive ap's to get. Just a note

be safe and stay free

Thanks for taking the time to explain the antipoints. I was wondering about them myself, but I hadn't gotten a chance to actually go look at the FAQ for them (I just happened to see this thread and it reminded me that I wanted to find out how they worked). It's nice sometimes to have information in more than one place. Even if it just reminds you of something that you wanted to look up and forgot about.

[shadow]agent.idle[/shadow]

I've run into another issue that I'd like to see included in the FAQ. I've been warned not to give "too many" positive antipoints. When my bar slid over way to the green side, the message appeared on the home page until I found somewhere to assign negative points. I'm not too keen on that, since more posts merit positive points than negative anyway, seems to encourage giving neg. points unessesarily.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Time to make this post STICKY in this forum. IMO

AngelicKnight.. yes the balancing of your points was something that the orginal owner (JP) put in to try and keep things "fair".. if you get unbalanced, the amount of points you "hit" with diminishes.. since JupM took over, the point system was changed a bit.. now the amount of neg points you give out aren't quite as many as the postive ones you give out. well, that's how it appears to be.. for me. I also think the amount of postitive points given out has changed as well.. all the numbers for it are not really explained AFAIK..

thx for this info ... easy to understand now hehe green points from me comin your way
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of