A Little Help From My Friends

Thread: A Little Help From My Friends

A Little Help From My Friends

So, on day three of Nihil's One Interesting Post a Day for 28 Days Challenge, I'd like to ask for some advice...

I'm going on an interview in four hours for this job: http://www.cytiva.com/cejobs/DetailEogri.asp?eogri1818

Description
    Responsible for the maintenance and support of Division computer systems including PC hardware, software, Microsoft operating systems, and in-house specialty applications. Applicant’s responsibilities will include support of Division computer network infrastructure, associated network hardware, telecom, backups, hardware & software inventory control, and some minor support of Unix systems. Responsibilities will also include support of Division drilling rig and field office computer systems which will involve trouble shooting issues related to PC hardware, software, satellite and telecommunications systems.
    What do you all think a job like this might pay?

Also, I was chosen to interview for this job from my resume submitted at an employment agency. I've recently got "help" from an IT Hiring Consultant at Spherion, and he completely revamped my resume. And I don't really think it's that great.

Please, let me get some feedback on which is the better resume:

My original: http://rapidshare.com/files/36720246...umeJan2010.rtf
    Spherion's Adjusted: http://rapidshare.com/files/35992404...eMarch2010.doc

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out. Much appreciated!

-Jeremy
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

HYBR|D
    Greetz.

It would be a good idea to remove your actual personal details from the .doc's before posting them on a forum like this

i will edit this post once i've checked out the resumes

HYBR|D
    Ok i have compared the 2 resume's and i feel that the edited resume is more geared towards the job you are interviewing for.

As it has your comp.info experience in plain site that way the interviewer will see what you do and do not know and will be able to throw you a few questions regarding your experience.

as far as pay goes well ask during the interview.

It would be a good idea to remove your actual personal details from the .doc's before posting them on a forum like this
    I thought about it. But, to quote a favorite song - "I ain't hidin' from nobody, ain't nobody hidin' from me."

And if someone stole my identity, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot! All they'd inherit is a *ton* of debt, horrible credit, a criminal record, a warrant for their arrest in Victoria County, TX and seven months of probation.

I say go for it!

Thanks for the review.

I've heard that many places won't even look at your resume if it's longer than one page, but the man from Spherion told me you couldn't even compete for an IT job w/ a one page resume... So hell if I know...

I actually brought both resumes to the interview - I told the interviewer I'd give him "the short version" - he said "good - that's the way I like them."

I'll find out if I got the job by Friday - he said he had four more people to interview. I guess time will tell. He seemed impressed that I ran a Linux webserver from my house. Brownie points maybe?

Thanks again HYBR|D
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

HYBR|D
    Fingers crossed that you get a call back In the mean time use the time to study up on the business and hit the books just in case they decide to do a random phone interview and decide to put you on the spot with random questions.

Remember to really sell yourself and you should nail it.