Thread: FireFox update to 3.6.2

FireFox update to 3.6.2

ByTeWrangler will love this..................FireFox just updated itself.............

Announcing the fact by crashing and displaying a crash report form.............. it then updated itself and restarted!!!!! (I couldn't make this up if I tried)

Looks like Microsoft have found an away training ground for their team?

HYBR|D
    And a quick snippet from the What's New Blurb

What’s New in Firefox 3.6.2

Firefox 3.6.2 fixes the following issues found in previous versions of Firefox 3.6:

Please see the complete list of changes in this version. You may also be interested in the Firefox 3.6 release notes for a list of changes in the previous version.

Byte carn't say much really because opera release there 10.50 version and straight away there was a security hole. They denied it straight off the bat, even after researches showed them in person...

after awhile they finally stopped back pedalling and admitted there may be a vuln in there girly browser and have finally released a update patch... mehehehe

HYBR|D
    Also i just opened mine brushed of the cob-webs and ran the updater and it grabbed the 2.8mb patch updated, re-started without a hitch..

no crash for me.

Ah! I didn't run the updater, it did it itself and probably clashed with something else I was running. Or maybe it just needed to shut itself down to do the update.

HYBR|D
    I never have the auto-update feature enabled on any APP. that way i get a chance to make a manual backup, for this i get to use mozbackup and backup the profile and anything else that way when i do use the update feature if anything plays up i can revert to the previous version re-apply my backed up data and either stay with the old version or try downloading from the relevant site and doing a fresh install.

curious did you have any java intense pages open while doing the update?

Hi Hybr|d,

I had the AO frontpage and the Firefox start page open. I suspect that it just wanted itself shut down whilst it updated, as it restored the tabs when it restarted. I wasn't running anything else using Java.

Several apps I run want to shut themselves down or me to close them before they will update so I am not that surprised.

I reckon it was a bit of lazy programming, and they just used the standard error message to let me know they were shutting it down. Unfortunately, this automatically generates an error report pop-up, which doesn't look very professional I guess they didn't ask if I wanted to update because it was a major security fix?

Of course I didn't send it