Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: log in early and often?

Wow, same problem here, I just never noticed it cuz I always log in through threads. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version with IE8 and I havent changed any settings in the user cp, that I'm aware of.

I'm not sure if this was related, but just in case it was:

When we switched Clocks ahead one hour a while back, I was trying to get on AO, and I didn't have any problems logging in, but it did keep sending me to the DST page over and over again, and I was like WTF, so, I closed Opera, and then, opened it again, loaded AntiOnline from Speed Dial, just to make sure it was a fresh one, and it did it again, so, I basically just set the settings to what they were already, and hit apply, and it stopped. Apparently, even though I didn't change anything, it just wanted me to change something and hit Apply and then it started working again.

Just use whatever Browser you're using and the methods it has, to clear all your Cookies, all your Cache, and personal info for AntiOnline, then, log back in, and you can save your password and log in info if you like, and just click whatever is in DST, to un-select it, and then, reselect it, and save that. It stopped my Logging in from constantly going to that page every time once I did.

Like I said I don't know if this is going to fix your issue, but for some reason it was really intent on making me change and save something for some reason. I blame the Parents. (Whenever you see a statement like that you always see something along the lines of "I blame such and such for this" so I had to add something lol.).

Anyway, we could blame Joe but he said he's not that inventive (Kidding of course, Joe is probably the nicest JP we've ever had here).

EDIT:

I'm running Opera 10.51 and haven't had ANY issues logging in or anything else, but I highly doubt it's a Browser issue because I think I saw people on here say they were using Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and whatever else. So I really don't know how all those except Opera would have no problems. And I could say it's because Opera is better but then Joe and Coffee Cup would run to tell me I'm wrong lol.
    Last edited by gore; April 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 AM.

OK we think that the login issue from the main page is now repaired.

HYBR|D
    Haven't had any log in issues here, use ie7 and k-meleon and on my *nix boxes i have a linux build of k-meleon.

You would only have experienced it if you login from the front page, rather than the main page of the forum itself.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    You would only have experienced it if you login from the front page, rather than the main page of the forum itself.
    like i mentioned i haven't had the problem when login in via the

./index.php

or

./forums.php

@JPnyc

Everything seems fixed from my end................. are you sure it wasn't you doing one of those April First stunts?

Now, that HYBR|D............. don't trust him at all.................. I depth charged the John (Khazi, Dunnie, Loo....etc) several times, just in case he had slidden a 25' saltie in there

I knew that the Eastern Brown was a diversion (I have him out "controlling" parking wardens)

The Easter Egg.............that will be a taipan ...........right?

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Fixed this morning.... I thought I was the only one, I figured it was the Freemasons coming to get me because I was late with my dues.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    @JPnyc

Everything seems fixed from my end................. are you sure it wasn't you doing one of those April First stunts?

Now, that HYBR|D............. don't trust him at all.................. I depth charged the John (Khazi, Dunnie, Loo....etc) several times, just in case he had slidden a 25' saltie in there

I knew that the Eastern Brown was a diversion (I have him out "controlling" parking wardens)

The Easter Egg.............that will be a taipan ...........right?
    I keep telling you, I'm not that inventive!
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdc View Post
    Fixed this morning.... I thought I was the only one, I figured it was the Freemasons coming to get me because I was late with my dues.
    great. The solution was simpler than I'm willing to admit

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Every problem is easy.... after they're solved.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot