Thread: AO login problems

AO login problems

There seems to be a problem with the login mechanism. I login and check the remember me box. I go to a thread and post a reply..........if I take more that a couple of minutes I try to post the reply and find that the system has logged me out.

Also, I keep getting taken to the discussion forums page rather than the front page.

EDIT:

Souleman seems to be experiencing the same:

http://www.antionline.com/showpost.p...&postcount=168

I am using FF 3.6.3 with NoScript. AO is set to "allow"

I suspect that it might be a problem with cookies and FF?????

I have set cookies to "off" with AO entered as an exception (permanently), but I suspect that something is resetting that?
    Last edited by nihil; June 22nd, 2010 at 07:48 AM.

Seems reasonable. I know that there have been no changes whatsoever to the code in a couple of years. I have to assume it's a Firefox issue. I've been steadily logged in for several days.

HYBR|D
    no issues here with my ol faithful ie7.

Johnno, grab 3.6.4 as it seems to work sincerly enough.

FF 3.5.9 No issues
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Banned
    The way I have things setup with IE and Opera is that cookies are unusable and deleted when I either close the browser or redirect from the domains using them. For me the sessions expire within an hour at the most, not days.

Firefox is so.... ugh... 2004.

Well, I have been using FF 3.6.3 on this Vista box for over an hour now with no problems whatsoever.

I knew it wasn't an internal AO problem because I have only just encountered it, and we haven't changed anything that I was aware of. Anyway, I had no problems with Opera or Chrome (I didn't bother with IE on the grounds that someone else would have been bound to spot it before me )

I therefore concluded that it was some sort of FF issue, but that puzzled me as I have been running this version for several weeks with no problems and there have been no updates.

My assumption is that it must be some sort of rogue plug-in to FF, that has updated recently and "got it wrong"

Now, this Vista (which works just fine) box has:

1. NoScript (with AO permanently allowed). No problems with that and the settings are the same as the XP box giving problems.

2. AVG Safe Search and Security Toolbar. I don't think they even go near where the problem is, and I mostly use Avira, so they aren't on the problem box.

3. Better Privacy (a "super-cookie" killer)................ sounds promising but I have it on both machines, and AO just use regular cookies.

4. Liberty Guard. Cannot be anything to do with that, as it is a passive tool that checks what website you are really on...........or so they claim. I guess that would be classed as "anti-phishing"?

On further examination, I can confirm that even setting AO as permanently allowed for cookie setting ( all cookies are cleared on browser shutdown), this gets erased when I log off ( Power down) the box.

There is a plugin called "Taco3 with Abine" which I now believe is the culprit, as it tries to block tracking and advertising cookies. I notice that it is still in beta, so there must be a few glitches to iron out. I must check out the configuration settings and post back. At the moment it is the prime suspect.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    That is the same problem I have been having, but it is more then likely the machines I have been using. Some of them (like this one), intentionally have older software for educational purposes. I think Flash is version 8.something, if that gives you an idea how old.

I may have been in FF, but not sure. I switch between FF, IE, and chrome all the time.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Well, I went to 3.6.4 and made a few changes to that weird stuff, and everything seems OK now

HYBR|D
    Well at least you arn't experiencing the issue at the moment. I think it may of been another server fart that may of caused the "Cookie" corruption to happen.

Looks like "the wrong time of the month" again?