Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ello is there any1 man'ing the controls?

HYBR|D

ello is there any1 man'ing the controls?

for the last 2 weeks i've been seeing this error message, doesn't matter what i'm loging on with.

netbook, desktop PC, cell phone etc etc different locations still get's the err0r.

anyhow whom ever is manning the controls around here these days maybe give things he once over.

lol smilies>

HYBR|D
    seems it didn't like my attachement, so let's give the DB a kick in the nuts and try again shall we>?>?>>
    Last edited by HYBR|D; August 30th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Not sure why that is but I removed them until we can figure it out.

I saw it too the other day. It was showing errors on those same things, but then I looked earlier and they weren't doing it, so I am not really sure either.

I'm running Opera, and I also used Seamonkey. So it's not a browser thing.

Banned
    Why would anyone even think that it had anything to do with their browser to begin with is beyond me.

The problem isn't even the RSS in itself...

Its the people who run things here. The villainous organisations who put this site on the backburner.

Apparently you've never worked on a machine for money that you didn't own... I saw someone who once had.... I think it was a Mac, but I'm not sure, and NO RSS would load. Like at all.. Yet every other browser worked fine. I've also had odd errors back when I used to use Firefox. Like certain parts of a web site would give me an error, and then I'd load up Opera or something else, and it would be fine. I'd refresh both to see if it was something they had fixed but it wasn't.

HYBR|D
    Turns out it was that the RSS urls that AO was linking to had been updated and changed recently.

that's why it was saying there was not data to load. Was more curiosity about why such an obvious error was not attended to sooner rather then latter

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Its the people who run things here. The villainous organisations who put this site on the backburner.
    AMEN.

Jupitermedia didn't know what to do with this site, didn't know how to advertise it or were to steer it directional wise, so just flicked it to the side and hoped that plastering it with ads would generate enough $$$ to make the aquiring of such a site worthwhile.

Now it's been offladed with the rest of the internet.com content and seems the new owners are more worried about monetizing everything and generate as much $$$ as they can before they need to take site after site out the back of the barn and put it outta it's misery...

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    AMEN.

Jupitermedia didn't know what to do with this site, didn't know how to advertise it or were to steer it directional wise, so just flicked it to the side and hoped that plastering it with ads would generate enough $$$ to make the aquiring of such a site worthwhile.

Now it's been offladed with the rest of the internet.com content and seems the new owners are more worried about monetizing everything and generate as much $$$ as they can before they need to take site after site out the back of the barn and put it outta it's misery...
    Meh... I'd buy the site.

First thing I'd do is drop the bar at the top, kill all ads except the main page ad, which would pay for hosting and a little bit for my pocket; and then let the site come back on its own.

Speed things up too...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by D0pp139an93r View Post
    Meh... I'd buy the site.

First thing I'd do is drop the bar at the top, kill all ads except the main page ad, which would pay for hosting and a little bit for my pocket; and then let the site come back on its own.

Speed things up too...
    The man with the master plan. as far as the current ads go i haven't seen any for ages as i have most sites filtered and use a few userscripts to customize the site further.

currently got this place loading up in a nice black and grey style.