Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show your Desktop v9.0.2

HYBR|D

Smile Show your Desktop v9.0.2

hey everyone.

Figured i'd start another AO show your desktop thread, i get awfully curious to know/see what other members "OS" of choice is and there setups. + i know my Broseph Allen love's these types of threads.

Anyhow here's my current Desktop win7 64bit Pro..

http://yfrog.com/0s81218408j
    Last edited by HYBR|D; August 30th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Is that 'Network Security Settings' open in notepad? :-P -- It is on your desktop too.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

HYBR|D
    Yep certainly is, not mine network details though.

lot's & lot's of unsecured wireless fun in my neighbourhood. I like to play how many pieces of paper i can print on unsecured networks.

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    Yep certainly is, not mine network details though.

lot's & lot's of unsecured wireless fun in my neighbourhood. I like to play how many pieces of paper i can print on unsecured networks.
    Heh. I actually printed out instructions on how to secure wireless networks on a bowling alley's laser printer one time... I was picking up their network from a cell phone place at which I was employed. The next day, it was secured.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I'll post a few too

These ones are Window Maker. I LOVE Window Maker! Of all the Desktops and Window Managers you can use, there aren't that many that are REALLY made for Multi Tasking. KDE can do a lot because of the Virtual Desktops, and so can Gnome, but what about older machine? Well, there is FVWM, FVWM2, FVWM95 and FVWM Crystal, and all the ones based on it... But those can be odd when you realize that minimizing a Window basically makes it a small icon on the desktop, and in some cases, it just seems to be gone until you right click or Middle Click to show all the windows. And it does have Virtual Desktops too.

Enlightenment, which I Love too, also has a lot of abilities for multi tasking, and I LOVE it. But one a lot of people have probably seen, which doesn't need much to run, is Window Maker. You can minimize and just fill the bottom of the screen, and then, you can MAKE more desktops. They're called Workspaces in Window Maker.

You right click, select the thing, and just make a new one. And you can also detach the menu, and click on create new Workspace over and over again until you have however many you want.

These are two of my Window Maker themes, and, they are HARD to fine. It annoys me a lot that Window Maker themes are so hard to fine. If you google it, you get taken to a page that doesn't even have any, and when you finally do find a few, they suck!

I miss those days years ago when you went and found them on a huge web site full of them. There were a LOT of Themes for Window Maker, including these ones, that were nice, and looked good. I don't even know what happened to them, but it would be nice if SOMEONE would start up another Window Maker Themes page again.

Anyway, I'll upload more after these. The themes I have left over are basically from me remembering that SUSE always had NICE Themes for Window Maker on the install disks and DVD, so, I took the RPMs, copied them to my server, and used rpm2tgz and rpm2targz and made some Tarballs out of them, and then, unpacked them and grabbed the Themes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More Window Maker

Here are a few more. I'll upload the rest of my Window Maker shots, and I can do some Enlightenment ones as well. I'll have more soon because I'm currently installing FreeBSD 8.0 and I'm going to test it out a bit and see what I can do with it, and I normally use After Step and Window Maker on that too.

These are the rest of the Window Maker ones I'll upload for now. They're all on SuSE, but a few of the past ones might have been Slackware or BSD.

The first three are Enlightenment. First, E-17, and then another of E-17, and then there is another of E-16. Then the other two are Gnome.

Last ones:

The first one is Windows 2000 Professional. I basically opened a bunch of DOS Prompts and made them look pretty lol.

Then, A shot of an OLD Desktop, which is SUSE 8.1 or 8.2 where I'm watching Cannibal Holocaust.

Then a shot of TWM lol.

The next one is a REALLY cool SuSE Manager. I haven't ever seen this on any of OS before, and basically it would load an Xterm, and have those pretty graphics, and that was it. No desktop, no nothing, lol. It was cool though.

The last one is my Debian machine. And 215 days uptime.

HYBR|D
    You been busy Allen. Westin you going to post a desktop screenie or 2 also?