Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem

PEBCAK...................more like pillock brains I would say.

From the article you "so cleverly" quote:

1. Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.
    2. To configure the settings for the Language bar, click Language Bar under "Preferences".

When you try to accept or apply, it will then prompt you to insert the Windows XP SP3 CD, and will get the language details from that. Perhaps you should have noticed that I included Urdu script in a previous post in this thread?................now how do you imagine that I managed to do that???

Now, if you had had the acumen to read what Mohsin has been posting, you will see that he doesn't even get the option to select Urdu and install the language.

That is "buggy" to me, but I obviously have higher standards than yourselves.

Incidentally, as an English comprehension exercise perhaps you would care to revisit the MS article and CAREFULLY scrutinise the table you refer to, you should notice that there is no sign of Urdu on it anywhere

Also, it clearly states that the table shows what is also in the langpack folder on an NT4.0 CD. There is no such folder on an XP Pro CD. Like I said, it works differently, and in Moshin's case, not at all.

OK in English

Download the inf

Follow instructions to install

1. Click the Languages tab, and then click Details under "Text Services and Input Languages".
    2. Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.

BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE LANGUAGE FILE.

What do I need to diagram it in crayon?
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Then download them and set them up on your own.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177561
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    That doesn't work with XP and later versions of Windows. It is what you had to do with NT 4.0 and 5.0 (2000)

XP just seems to be a bit buggy in that department. It is a very straightforward process with Vista and Windows 7.
    thanks for replaying. problem's still there. urdu is not coming in input languages drop down list.
    ----=E-criminal=----

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    PEBCAK...................more like pillock brains I would say.

From the article you "so cleverly" quote:

1. Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.
    2. To configure the settings for the Language bar, click Language Bar under "Preferences".

When you try to accept or apply, it will then prompt you to insert the Windows XP SP3 CD, and will get the language details from that. Perhaps you should have noticed that I included Urdu script in a previous post in this thread?................now how do you imagine that I managed to do that???

Now, if you had had the acumen to read what Mohsin has been posting, you will see that he doesn't even get the option to select Urdu and install the language.

That is "buggy" to me, but I obviously have higher standards than yourselves.

Incidentally, as an English comprehension exercise perhaps you would care to revisit the MS article and CAREFULLY scrutinise the table you refer to, you should notice that there is no sign of Urdu on it anywhere

Also, it clearly states that the table shows what is also in the langpack folder on an NT4.0 CD. There is no such folder on an XP Pro CD. Like I said, it works differently, and in Moshin's case, not at all.
    at least you know what my problem is thanks.
    ----=E-criminal=----

HYBR|D
    wow the "attitude" is certainly high in this thread...

Anyhow the url that The_Spec posted is indeed as useful as a wet paper bag..

Dino your cool, so i'm not going to hold your "Spec" sack riding seriously..

anyhow here 2 screenshots i took the 1st one is the message saying specs posted url is useless, the other shows i'm using XP.

also i'm pretty suprised this hasn't been said but You can't do it. You can only install OS language packs on a English system. It is so by design. So the only option would be to reinstall the OS. and select the Urdu language.

simply because you cannot convert a "English" install to another language install. Re do the initial install and re-select the needed language during the installation.

don't use a slip streamed installer, use the actual default windowsXP CD.
    Last edited by HYBR|D; August 30th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Lets get clarification here. Is the OP using an English installation of Windows. I assumed as such because if OP was using Farsi install this shouldn't be an issue. According to MSDN Farsi install includes all Asian and mid east language packs and would be available for selection.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

HYBR|D
    i take it that it's an English install, as the other PC/laptop has already got the needed input on by default.

Mine is a totally bog standard English install..........all default values, and nothing clever.

I have slipstreamed my service packs in the same way, so that what I have should be exactly the same as if I had bought XP Pro SP3 from Microsoft.

I simply followed the MS instructions and inserted the CD when asked, and I was able to post in Urdu and English.

I uninstalled the exotic and left to right scripts option, and Urdu disappeared from the list of language options. Reinstall, and it comes back.

It seems to me that Mohsin's problem is that the exotic and left to right scripts option is not installing properly, which is why he cannot see Urdu in his list of available languages.

The presence of a language pack or not isn't relevant as he cannot even get that far?

WARNING!

If anyone feels inclined to play with this, do remember to set your system back to English before installing new software or updates ............. otherwise you might get some very interesting screens when you try to use the application And not all apps are clever enough to retrospectively revert to English.

thanks to everyone for help.
    ----=E-criminal=----

Hi Mohsin,

As I understand it the basic sequence of events is something like this:

1. Clean install of Windows XP (default values)
    2. Check the exotic scripts and eastern languages boxes.
    3. Insert the CD when requested.
    4. Reboot
    5. Select required language from the drop down list.

It seems to me that there is something wrong with your Windows installation?

I say this because when you select the two boxes, the relevant languages should appear in the drop down list, and that is not happening?

I am assuming that your Windows was installed from a regular full CD?

You might try a repair installation, otherwise it will have to be a full reinstallation.

My understanding is that your issue is not with the actual language pack/element, but with the installer itself. I am afraid I do not know of any way to selectively correct that.