Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem

Problem

i have problem that i cant use urdu as input language. in regional and language option i have selected the both options install files for complex scripts and right to left languages and install files for east Asian language. still urdu is not appearing in the input language drop down list. please help me to solve he prob. thanks.
    OS winxp service pack 3
    office 2003 service pack 3
    Last edited by Mohsin; June 15th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
    ----=E-criminal=----

Hi,

Please try this:

<Control Panel>
    <Regional and Language Options>
    <Advanced>
    <Urdu>

You will need a Windows XP SP3 CD, or it won't work.

If you have an earlier CD then let me know and I will tell you how to slipstream an SP3 CD

Actually, you are wanting to use an Asian language (Indian Sub-Continent) rather than East Asian (China, Korea, Japan, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam)

Thanks for replying.
    Urdu is not coming in the drop down list of input languages. in keyboard layout i can select urdu. but in input its not appearing. i have winxp service pack 3 cd but its not working.

i have another machine urdu is by default present in the drop down list.
    THANKS
    ----=E-criminal=----

کغع،۔۔۔۔۔ےسسش/سیکہسکہکہ ???

That was just random keystrokes so I hope it isn't rude.

When I first had a look again, I found that Urdu was now missing from my drop-down list. I think that this is a bug, in that Windows is not detecting previously failed installations, and thinks the language is there, so doesn't show it as an option?

I uninstalled (unchecked) the exotic characters and right to left text option and re-booted, I then re-installed it and re-booted again, and Urdu had re-appeared in the list!

I then installed Urdu..........I forgot to switch to English when I tried to login to AO...............it used Urdu script

THANKS

i had tried the process but no success.
    arabic is also not present in the list
    ----=E-criminal=----

Was the initial installation from a genuine original version of XP CD, or a slipstreamed one?

Could be that some files/folders were left out?

It sounds as if your original installation was defective, as the options are not there in the first place, and mine are?

Have you considered a repair install............I honestly don't know if this will load missing files though.

Banned
    Then download them and set them up on your own.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177561

Then download them and set them up on your own.
    That doesn't work with XP and later versions of Windows. It is what you had to do with NT 4.0 and 5.0 (2000)

XP just seems to be a bit buggy in that department. It is a very straightforward process with Vista and Windows 7.

Banned
    How so? Whenever I've wanted a new laungage pack all I ever had to do was download and double click a single .inf file then its loaded and takes me straight to language settings so that I can make it my default.

Nothing "buggy" or complex about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    That doesn't work with XP and later versions of Windows. It is what you had to do with NT 4.0 and 5.0 (2000)

XP just seems to be a bit buggy in that department. It is a very straightforward process with Vista and Windows 7.
    From the KB article Spec referred to:

Windows XP

To install another language and keyboard layout in Windows XP, follow these steps:
    1. In the Windows XP standard Start menu, click Start, and then click Control Panel.

In the Windows XP classic Start menu, click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Regional and Language Options.
    3. Click the Languages tab, and then click Details under "Text Services and Input Languages".
    4. Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.
    5. To configure the settings for the Language bar, click Language Bar under "Preferences".

Of course you have to download the .inf file (also listed on the page) first.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    How so? Whenever I've wanted a new laungage pack all I ever had to do was download and double click a single .inf file then its loaded and takes me straight to language settings so that I can make it my default.

Nothing "buggy" or complex about it.
    True nothing buggy, perhaps a bit PEBKAC
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0