Thread: Search Engines...

Thumbs up Search Engines...

First off, i would like to say....What the heck happened to this site? I think it was one of the main stream security IT portals 1 could find a few years back. I have been out of the IT world for sometime but always found this was the place for all the answers!!!

What are some of the main search engines IT/Security gurus use for everyday life: Politics, Alternative news consumer research, stock market research and or ...... ..... ....

I am looking for a more unregulated search site with unbiased and un-paid search results (as google) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://rzr.online.fr
    That was not bad but did it not use a spyder query off google or something, as stated.
    Last edited by Natasha69; July 2nd, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

Dogpile or whatever it is, was supposed to be the very best. It would scroll all the searches it was currently doing, and it checked something like 50 other Search Engines for it's results.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha69 View Post
    First off, i would like to say....What the heck happened to this site? I think it was one of the main stream security IT portals 1 could find a few years back.
    The bigwigs from Jew York City bought the site and gave twenty people mod status just to snuff out the opinion of a single user here. That's the sort of people running this site now. And they don't seem to enjoy tutorials from online prankters... or... anything to do with fun, in all honesty.

When was the last time you were censored? Don't act like we're showing "Show Girls" on TBS, there's no black bars here.

Banned
    You mean recently?

Almost every post I've ever made in "Oops! A Bug!" especially the ones between '05 and present day. Along with three in "phishing and cyberscams" just a few months ago. And im pretty sure one in "Site Suggestions" for giving suggestions on where to stick it.

I haven't seen anything in Oops in a while.. That's odd. Have you told Joe about it?

I am looking for a more unregulated search site with unbiased and un-paid search results (as google) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I am afraid that you will probably be disappointed as there is too much money involved these days. I even saw a job with a local consultancy for a "Search Engine Optimizer"

Personally, I use Google, Yahoo and Bing, and can generally find what I want.

I did use a scientific one a couple of years back that I would say was unbiased, but it wouldn't cover any of the topics you mention.