Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network Administration Data Lifecycle

gore - I always feel like I am reading a small novel whenever you post.

I tried to shy away from the malicious... I think the worst thing I did was set autoexec.bat to loop... which the network admin wasn't smart enough to figure out, so he reloaded the os...

I also found a directory on a server that had a bunch of files showing up.. it seems like they had a .101 extension, but I can't remember for sure... It turns out they were emails going through the server... I still to this day do not know what kind of system it was, or why I was able to access it, but I was able to capture a large amount of email... Even found out about an impending divorce between one of the tech's and her husband.

One of my other favorite tricks was to switch the keyboard cables with the computer next to me... or just between two random systems. That is a good way to get usernames and passwords...

I also set a bunch of systems to have a homepage that I created with a username and password box. People would undoubtedly type their domain credentials into them. Those credentials would then be emailed to me...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I tried to shy away from the malicious...
    I also set a bunch of systems to have a homepage that I created with a username and password box. People would undoubtedly type their domain credentials into them. Those credentials would then be emailed to me...
    Contradict much? Lol!

I actually forgot to mention how one time I was screwing with the PA systems at that school and with a friend, got Black Sabbath to be played through the PA System through the entire Building. That was awesome!

Then again, the Start Up Sounds for Windows at that school were mostly either Cannibal Corpse, NIN, or Deftones by then anyway lol.

And that little comment about a Novel wasn't funny ! That took a lot of typing for me to share something so personal! LOL! My poor feelings you big meanie head!

And to think, I let you use BOFH in your custom title! Kidding of course. Realized a few minutes ago no one has yet invented a way to tell the tone used in a text only post lol.

Westin, Write me an app that can tell the tone of a post by the end of today or your custom title becomes "PFY" Lol.

Anyway, I'm kidding again, but you have to admit, when I super glued half the tables and chairs down in that class room that was DAMN funny lol.

I'm not sure if you remember all those BOFH / BAFM (Bastard Admin From Michigan) stories I wrote, but a lot of what happened in those, was based on real stuff I'd been doing lol. I remember when MsMittens on here realized that... There was a new clipping she found about "Hacker in Michigan hacks into fast food head sets and tells customer they were too fat for a Whopper" and she was like isn't gore from Michigan? Lol. Then someone else pointed out that like a little before that, I'd put in one of my Bastard stories how I'd done that. Good times

Hows THAT for a Novel lol.

You know I love you gore, we misfits fans have to stick together... heh.

I don't think that stealing credentials was as malicious as superglueing windshield wipers...

Don't get me wrong, I find your novels very interesting... and I still use your music as background for my halloween parties...

The BOFH title is warranted... I still threaten [l]users with deleting their files when they tick me off... whether it be purchasing unauthorized hardware, or taking my parking spot...

I have only connected mains wiring to a few keyboards... but hey... workman's comp, as it were... kaaazeeerrrrt!
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

by the way... where is your original halloween theme? I don't see it on your site?

-HST

LOL! Good!

My best friend and I used to call certain numbers which would get pay phones Disconnected, and then go back the next day and take the signs they'd put up. I used to hang them up in my bedroom back in the day. It would say something about The Pay phone being Disconnected and something else, and they were neat, so I used to put them on my bedroom door. They were awesome and made neat Decor lol.

Man using me as BG music for Halloween, lol that first year I was doing it, most of that music was just not very good lol. I'd listen to it like "Well, I guess considering I've been using this app for a week it's OK but wow.." I didn't even know how to make different pitches when I first started uploading those songs. It took me like a month to get the hang of everything, and even then I still didn't know how to use Samples with LMMS itself, so whenever I'd add those Horror Movie Samples, I'd use a WAV editor, and shove them in with that, but it would pause the music while it played and I hated that. Finally I realized LMMS can handle WAV files, so I started using it for that too so I could play a sample from a movie while the music was playing, which is why the stuff up on my Myspace now sounds a LOT more professional than the stuff from back then lol.

I should put up some of the videos I have of my Cousin and I playing on Halloween. We used to play every year. I had super long hair so I'd do a Devil Lock, and he played Guitar, so he'd do that and I'd play Bass, and record it and make videos of it. There's one you can tell we're pretty hammered and I'm sitting there (To drunk to stand up) playing "Saturday Night" with my Cousin, and for some reason we thought it was a good idea to try and sing that song while playing it. I mean, don't get me wrong, we were doing a great job, and it was how you play that song, but WOW were we bad at singing it. Even worse, we're laughing our asses off while singing because we could tell even drunk that we sounded like crap.

I still have that video lol. And the one of me in full Skeleton Glove gear playing some Misfits stuff....And another of me which is pure audio playing We Are 138 non Guitar and Bass both. I even did the Solo lol.

The last recording from that night is my Cousin pointing out the cops are getting called on us and me going "Ah **** the cops" right before stopping the recording and getting out of there.

Not that long ago I started looking through old back ups I had, and found CDs I made like almost 10 years ago. It's really crappy techno and guitar.... I don't have any of it uploaded, and it's all WAV files lol. Man they sound bad. I mean it's cool considering what I was using to do it, but WOW it sounds bad in the quality department.

man, my ass is too drunk to keep up with yall >.< and believe me typing the accurately is hard >.< ****, the craziest time in high school for me was when the teacher was getting mad at me every day for "not working" during cs class, where I had **** done the day it was assigned, so I eventually snapped and locked her out of the network using the fact that all users had access to certain services which then lead to catapulting to admin privs. I met the principle for the first time in my life and my parents took away my computer for 2 months So I guess I am the biggest loser T_T

by the way... where is your original halloween theme? I don't see it on your site?
    I took it down to make room basically. They only allow like a certain number of songs up there, so I had to take it off so I could get newer ones up. I'm probably going to change what I have up there anyway since I haven't in a while. Well, other than uploading newer ones.

Banned
    heh. What is really funny, is that when I was in high school, I published an anonymous newsletter that detailed several ways to bypass the schools security in different ways, and I had a section in there complaining about how orwellian the school was. I was a definite thorn in our sysadmin's side... and now that is what I do for a living.
    I don't like the idea of kids viewing what they want on public terminals simply because of hygiene. Dirt on your hands is one thing... but sexual fluids are another.

To get back to the original post, the common value over here would be a year (rolling 12 months).

If you have good analytical tools and manage by exception you can probably weed out a fair bit of irrelevant stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    I don't like the idea of kids viewing what they want on public terminals simply because of hygiene. Dirt on your hands is one thing... but sexual fluids are another.
    There is a reason it's called "The great un-washed"