Why dont girls like this exist?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why dont girls like this exist?

Why dont girls like this exist?

I know seriously, I am being a helplessly sexually deprived nerd, but seriously, why don't girls like this exist? They really should! I mean every time I go to a bar, I hope for some girl I can sit down with and talk about the inner workings of BSD, but does this happen? nope, just chicks who look at you like you are lame T_T
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Wife is currently listening to my favorite band ever, The Misfits, got me "A Quarter Century of Unix" as a Present, and before I met Her, had a machine that booted Solaris, Slackware, and Windows for school.

She's been using Computers longer than I have and knows Assembler, Perl, and more than I do about hardware. Some of the bigger things in my life when it comes to Entertainment and things like that are basically Horror Movies, Horror Punk, and Computers, and not only does my Wife have a decent collection of Horror Movies, She likes a lot of the same bands I do too, and I really think She knows more about Computers in general than I do.

There are girls who know this stuff, they're just damn near impossible to find. I waited a LONG time to find my Wife. Once I met Her, I knew there wasn't going to be another.

She got me some Solaris stuff from Sun not to long ago too. And She knows how to use it. And She even hates the same distros I do (Ubuntu and Gentoo) and we have no trouble watching movies because it doesn't matter how much gore or splatter is in a movie, She is into that too. I lucked out there.

just rub it in my face why don't you? =P

Guess there's a fine line between rubbing it in and trying to give Hope huh?

Try Linuxchix or whatever it is. Some of them weren't that bad looking when I last saw some of them.

"damn near impossible to find" is supposed to give me hope? =P

>.< I don't think they allow my type in LUGs =P

Basically, don't "settle" for anything, and you'll eventually find what you want.

I wouldn't know about LUGs, I've never been to anything like that. Seems like a meeting spot for what are usually WoW / game nerds, and I can't stand them.

The IT field as a whole suffers from a lack of females, chances of this changing anytime soon are about as likely as an outbreak of female automotive technicians unfortunately. Honestly I don't see why anybody would want a significant other who was into the exact same things they are, it kind of makes it hard to have something that is yours alone to enjoy and take part in which despise what some may say is very healthy in a relationship.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

My Wife doesn't like FPS games so I have that. So it doesn't really end up like that. Our Skill Set more or less complements each other's Skills, because for example, She is WAY better at coding and hardware, and I'm better at security, and some stuff here and there. Like, She can build a Server, we can both install the OS, and while I'm locking it down, She can configure it faster than I could.

She's the only person I know who's ever taken a course in Assembler....

But anyway, yea, Our skills complement each other, and it's kind of neat. I mean I can set up Web Servers, FTP Servers, and others, but She's faster at doing it other than FTP which I am actually good at, and She has a little more strength on some of the other portions of it, and I'm slightly stronger in BSD than She is.

Besides, it's nice to not have to explain why I want a book about BSD or Linux, or BOFH, or the fact that when we go out shopping, She grabs an issue of 2600 for me while I'm getting our Coffee.

Not having to explain to your SO why you need a better video card and more RAM, does have it's ups, so it's not all "nothing is just mine". DooM is, and that's awesome too lol.

For more "Just mine" stuff, She likes ATI, I like Nvidia, we both like Sun, and SGI, and She likes AMD more than I do, because I'm more Intel.

I just want a girl who understands me staying up all night in front of the computer..... and one I could talk tech with....... and is hot...... and doesn't have a boring personality...... and is okay with me being a ridiculous alcoholic... actually she has to be one too... maybe I am picky..... >.<

I don't want a girl who is into the EXACT same things I am into...... just one that is into tech.... and other things..... that is all...

EDIT: Actually, I just want the girl in the pic!
    Last edited by SnugglesTheBear; July 14th, 2010 at 11:35 PM.

You could go to an AA meeting with a laptop and wait for the girl who does more than ask if you use facebook.