Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRC?

IRC?

Hey guys,
    I have done some digging and I know from the faq AO doesn't have a IRC server. Do you guys still get down with the IRC? I know that posts from 2004 said you guys usually hung out in irc.unerror.com which I think moved to freenode. Anywho, I usually reside there, freenode. Just wondering =P
    Last edited by SnugglesTheBear; July 2nd, 2010 at 12:09 AM.

Banned
    Even on unerror I usually just sat there and fwrite()'ed five or six hours worth of "OMFG! Spec is online! Hey. Ok... g2g now bye. lololololol" to a text file.

I have always been in favor of IRC, although I wouldn't hang out there enough myself to keep it alive. I think the biggest issue is simply that there aren't enough active members for there to be people there all the time. What may work though is if there were something like one day a week or one day a month that everyone went on IRC. But I think all of these things have been discussed within the past few years and nothing ever seemed to come back. Meaning that there was an AO IRC room back in the day, which I only went to a few times, but it died off and never came back. But again, I'd be all up for bringing it back. Id make my best attempt to come at least one time a week at a specified time.

I get on IRC on occasion. Either on irc.2600.net, or irc.freenode.net.

It can be interesting sometimes late at night.

I have had a few interesting conversations on there. In the late 90s, I would get on efnet quite a bit, but I am not sure if it is even still active?

Well, I think spec is online, gotta go. lolololololololol
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

HYBR|D
    Who wants to start an "Un-Official" AO Irc channel? seems people are interested in it, i suggest The_Spec has OP status cause he sounds like a trustworthy type of individual.

I would be down for an unofficial IRC channel. I am in front of the computer quite a lot so I am usually on. >.<

HYBR|D
    We need to get a good decent amount of numbers hopefully there's a few more veterans interested and then it's a matter of keeping the channel active enough to warrant the whole need for a channel.

Banned
    Its been suggested many times and its never going to happen. What you have to remember is that the people who own the site are, first and foremost, domain squaters.

So if I remember correctly, unerror merged with redgore and became leapnode.
    Last edited by Darksnake; July 8th, 2010 at 06:28 AM.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Did someone say IRC?
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0