Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best browser (Browser War 2)

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Hmmm..............that Cambodian Ubuntu looks OK............. couldn't get it to work, but it did give me a load of error messages...............that told me that the kid's HDD was hosed, as I had already suspected, but couldn't check because his DVD/CD is certainly dead, and there is no floppy drive.

See, that's why I don't ever give an opinion when someone asks me about that. I get a lot of PMs from members, like, a lot of them, asking for a hand, which, I don't mind obviously, I've helped a lot of people here with Linux, BSD, and Unix in general, and every once in a while, I'll get one asking me what I think about Ubuntu, or Gentoo, or Fedora, or Red Hat, and I almost always say the same thing basically, which is:

"If you try it out, and you like it, or it works for you, then great, but I personally do not like it, so I don't want to sour your decision with my personal opinion, and so I'd say give it a try, and if you like it, awesome, use what you like and what suits you, but if you don't, I recommend such and such".

That's more or less what I tell people.

I like SuSE, SUSE, Open SUSE, Slackware, Debian, most of Mandriva, FreeBSD, PC-BSD, and I'm starting to like MoonOS and Absolute. I also do like I-Slack / NetSecL, and I also like Vector Linux for the most part.

But those are opinions. I've been sort of testing ZevenOS too, because I miss BeOS

Banned
    People who use these irrelevant browsers then switch to Opera this late in the game are so sissy they make transexuals feel uncomfortable.

I've been using Opera since the "SUSE Professional" days. Years ago.

I don't like browsers. To me, they all have major annoyances... Which I have stated previously in the other 15 'My browser can pee further than yours' threads.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I don't like browsers. To me, they all have major annoyances... Which I have stated previously in the other 15 'My browser can pee further than yours' threads.
    Oh, well, if you're talking about distance of piss I'd go with The other two versions of Internet Explorer, that thing leaked enough that it would probably go farther.

Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    Oh, well, if you're talking about distance of piss I'd go with The other two versions of Internet Explorer, that thing leaked enough that it would probably go farther.
    Fair enough. :-P
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Man I didnt visit AO for few days after posting this but what did you write hybird ? Never thought this would go so far in few days !
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Mozilla Firefox is best

Firefox is an internet browser that works with just about any operating platform including: Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. This graphic browser offers a great selection of features. Firefox was one of the first to have tabbed browsing, which has now been picked up by Internet Explorer. This browser also offers integrated download management, live bookmarking, incremental find using the Firefox toolbar, anti-phishing protection, and a dynamic search system. Because it's open source software, there is a vibrant community of developers actively improving the base software, and creating Firefox extensions to add new features to the browser. Firefox is rapidly gaining market share, mostly at the expense of Explorer. As of January 2009, Firefox was used by about 21% of all Internet users, an figure which is increasing yearly.

Calvin, this thread is three years old, and FF has gotten a lot worse in the process.......

I have an Asus eeePC, that's a netbook................only one gigabyte of RAM and "shared" video memory (that takes 196MB)

FF chokes after about 20 minutes on the net

Go figure.......and get Chrome

Opera??
    Google & Firefox is so advanced that Opera.
    SPAM LINK REMOVED
    Last edited by nihil; September 1st, 2013 at 08:36 PM.