Thread: Headphone jack has too much noise-ASUS laptop

Headphone jack has too much noise-ASUS laptop

Hey guys,

I don't know how to describe it but I can listen to anything on my laptop. However, recently when I'm using a headphone, it's like there is too much noise in the sound! Imagine the sound of a bag full of coins moving it around and the wind blowing shshshshshsh and the voice of singer very slow in the background...!!!!

I'm wondering, is it something related to the sound card? If so, I don't think if it's repairable, right? The laptop is not new and it doesn't have warranty anymore.

It's not software related either, guess I'm sure about it. I've tested many headphones and it's definitely from the laptop.

So the bottom line, do you guys think if there's a fix for it? Please let me know. Thanks a lot

Friend of Site Staff
    Probably the headphone wires getting to close to something and picking up RF energy.

Move the wires around and see if that helps. May even have to coil the wires up.

I have even had to get new headphones.

Thanks Jay. But no it's not that. Have tested it in coffee shops, different homes event different countries...
    By wires you mean the wire of headphone? Like I said, I've tried many headphones and have used the headphones with my phone and PC...
    This headphone I'm using now I bought a couple of weeks ago...
    I'm sure it's either something from inside the hole! or something related to what's going on inside the circuits and stuff...

Friend of Site Staff
    The wires from the plug connector to the headphones themselves. Being unsheilded, they pick up all kinds of garbage and the wires are so small, they are easily damaged.
    RF means radio frequency.

But if you test in digger area and the still the same thing, I would say you got a bad headset. Return them and try something different.

Same problem when the computer is running a different OS? Use a Live CD/DVD or USB flash drive containing a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, the OS loads into and runs from memory instead of a hard drive. This allows you to run an OS without installing it or making any changes to a computer's current configuration.

To create one, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, (such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin), then use something like ISO Recorder to burn it to a CD/DVD or USB key. Now boot your computer from that disc/key and your computer is now running that OS instead of the one on its hard drive.
    Rad

Quote Originally Posted by rlirpa View Post
    Same problem when the computer is running a different OS? Use a Live CD/DVD or USB flash drive containing a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, the OS loads into and runs from memory instead of a hard drive. This allows you to run an OS without installing it or making any changes to a computer's current configuration.

To create one, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, (such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin), then use something like ISO Recorder to burn it to a CD/DVD or USB key. Now boot your computer from that disc/key and your computer is now running that OS instead of the one on its hard drive.
    oh could it be the OS? didn't think about that. I will give it a shot. Thanks