Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: APPLE or DELL?

Friend of Site Staff
    Why I build my own PCs.

1. They last longer
    2. Cheaper
    3. Ain't tied to a bunch of junk they dump on you.
    4. Apple OS is a butchered Linux version in my book and as you state, locked in as far as hardware goes.

Client had a complete fit when he found out I paid 1/2 of what he did for a store bought PC which was slower.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Hi Shay,

I guess that what we should tell the people is that if you buy Apple, you are locked into their hardware and software?

With a PC of any brand, you will have more flexibility?

If such a person has to ask they don't know enough to have a preference.... In this case I always recommend going to large store like Harvey Norman and looking at/playing with the various display models.... go with what you prefer.

Any such person who does this will get what they wanted since they may not know any better, or by doing the exercise realise what will meet their needs. I often add the comment of not to buy the product at these places as they charge through the nose and part way into the base of the brain.

and of course anyone know wants to build their own PC but doesn't know what they want need are only doing so because they were told that was the best choice - and usually end up paying for stuff they dont utilise fully when a less expensive OEM would have been fine.

If someone is buying a new computer, they don't have an existing one and have no pre-existing use or software requirement I recommend Apple straight off the bat, even if only to prevent the inevitable trademark windows heartache. Plus they have some awesome software suites.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

In my view Dell would be the best

In my Point Of View Apple is better machine , Reliable , and very unique . but is is much expensive then Dell .. We Cant Compare any Systems with Apple it gets a really we amazing graphics (^_^)
    Dell Systems are heavier than Apple systems .

If you are buying, then buy the cheapest...................otherwise build your own or get someone to do it for you?

I have built stuff for around £250 that have been perfectly adequate for the user requirements. Shop bought stuff is aimed at what their marketing men think will sell?

I think that home entertainment/theatre is a classic example? with music or a film, everything will happen at exactly the same time and place...................do you need an i7 for that?

Miserable old fart signing off

My choice is Dell. Both of them can work well, but Mac is more expensive.
    Linux reseller hosting, windows reseller plans to start your own online business.

If the prices of both machines would be equal I would choose Apple. Otherwise I prefer a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by dalim View Post

If ...
    When I used to start a sentence with If, my Dad used to respond with, "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt hopping."
    Rad

If the prices of both machines would be equal I would choose Apple. Otherwise I prefer a PC.
    And if pigs had wings they could fly?

Apple are the three A's " Anal , Archaic, Arses"....... I would not even accept one as a gift!

If I cannot change the battery, I KNOW that I am dealing with rip-off artists.
    Last edited by nihil; June 9th, 2014 at 11:04 PM.

Oww, don't hurt my Apple stock.
    Rad