Thread: Wikiwhistleblowers

Wikiwhistleblowers

This is very interesting...........

Apparently they have posted an encrypted folder called 'insurance' on their website......c. 1.4 GB................ now I wonder what might be in that?

Banned
    But if you're an Afghan informat who's name has been leaked then you've nothing to lose anyway. Its not going to protect the owner of wikileaks in any way, shape, or form.

But also realise that these people are each terrorists no matter how you try to morally justify things. Eventually they would need to be killed the moment information was gained from them anyway. Otherwise they'll live to be involved in other conflicts years down the line. Its not like intelligence agencys will ever run out of squealers and corrupt officials.

And to be honest, I really don't care about the lives and well-being of people in the middle east. Im more offended the army is being forced to play politics than anything else.
    Last edited by The-Spec; August 9th, 2010 at 10:58 PM.

But if you're an Afghan informat who's name has been leaked then you've nothing to lose anyway.
    But if you are President Obama and his party you certainly do? This is not about little people

Im more offended the army is being forced to play politics than anything else.
    You would.............you just aren't mature enough to see it as it is.................this is politicians playing army........... the complete other way around. Our lot have it the same!

Why did Obama's lot give BP exemptions from safety regs in the Gulf of Mexico.............the US is gearing up for a war with Iran...............I thought you would have liked that?

GOM oil would give the US about 8-12 months autonomy from supplies in the middle east.

I doubt if there is a single word about Afghan informants in that 1.4GB

Banned
    Actually it was Sen. McCain's influence and wrangling. It was one of his slogan's during the elections, "drill here drill now". This actually goes as far back as when he and Bush where getting rid of regulations in the stock market aswell.

@ The-Spec

Actually it was Sen. McCain's influence and wrangling. It was one of his slogan's during the elections, "drill here drill now". This actually goes as far back as when he and Bush where getting rid of regulations in the stock market as well.
    Thank you................real intel from the grass roots............I like that, as I do not trust the media.

Please keep up the good work.................I am afraid that outside the US we get sanitized versions of everything

Banned
    Over here Fox news tries to bolster faith in the republican party and make people forget the last decade. MSNBC sides with popular opinion regardless if its correct. And HLN is nothing but celebrity gossip. And then we not only get your channels but stuff from countrys that we're pretty much at war with.

Even with all these differing opinions you'll still have to take it with a grain of salt. It gets to a point of complete information overload, actually. You'll see a dozen things on your television at once and only bits and pieces make sense.

Really your better off moving to a small town and remaining ignorant of whats happening everywhere else.

I agree. There are no solutions that will ever be implemented to the various world issues, or the ones confronting this country. We have a choice of agonizing over it without the power to change it, forever, or concentrating on having a happy life. This is why I don't watch or read the news. I know what's going on, I don't need to know the specifics. It's all crime.

This insurance file is a big folder of cablenews under a AES-Key.
    If Assange tells the Wikileaks people to give the Key away, all the
    people with the 'insurance' will have tons of trash to deal with.

Assange is still a threat, even if in jail. He's shady, but smart.

Banned
    Assange is still a threat, even if in jail. He's shady, but smart.
    Yeah, his condoms might break while rapeing the other prisoners. But this time he's going to have to be really smart and sinister about it to get his point across... (he'll probably just use a broom handle this time around.)

I saw this:

Samples:

To decrypt all you need to do is this:
    $ openssl enc -d -aes256 -in insurance.aes256 > out.dec
    use ONION as password.

Well this is weird ...
    This seems to work as well ...
    #Using Blowfish Cipher
    $ openssl enc -d -bf -in insurance.aes256 > out.dec
    use ROUTER as password
    I tried using different passwords and I get an error but not when I use ROUTER.

Just to add to the weirdness, you can also decrypt it by using "ONION" with blowfish: these
    permutations could lead to something interesting.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." ~ Henry Ford