Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, please!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Help, please!

I need to get faxes to display on the computer so they can see the faxes before they print them out. So, they can decide what to print and want not to print.

There are 3 computers in the office 2 are running XP and the other is Windows 7. They have Comcast cable as the ISP and are running a Linksys wrt54g router.

There is also a 16 port switch connected to the *main computer*. Anyways, the fax machine is one of those all in one units and it is a Lanier not sure on exact model # I just need some help to get the faxes to display on the computer before they can be printed out. We do have a dedicated FAX line and they also have a line splitter as well. All help is greatly appreciated. None of the computers have a dial up modem in them. All they have is NIC cards in them.

AOs Resident Troll
    Depends on your fax machine and the software it runs??

Does the fax machine have a repository\hard drive space for the faxes??
    If it does usually you can configure the driver on the client to look in the repository and view the faxes through an image reader\pdf etc

What does the fax machine do now when it receives the fax??

Google the model and rtm

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Thank you for the reply. Quick question for you how can you tell if it has repository\hard drive space for the faxes?? Also, the software the office would be using is the fax feature software that comes with Windows XP.

AOs Resident Troll
    That would be in the "features" part of the manual.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Depending on the MFD, you may be able to forward incoming faxes to an SMB share or an FTP site as a PDF or TIFF.

I have also implemented a fax>email solution for my office.

Most of the functionality is going to depend on the machine itself. If the machine can scan to an SMB share, you can always try creating a shortcut to the location and see if the fax machine will allow you to forward to a shortcut. My Ricohs allow this, and Lexmarks excel at it. I am not too familiar with Laniers, but IIRC, they're Xerox based? Should work?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Wink

Sorry guys for the late response. Had to do a last minute assignment for school. The make is a LANIER model # LD016SPF. I was playing with the settings the other day and you can make it a dynamic IP adress or set it to STATIC IP address. Not sure which would be better or more convient to use or if it would even make a difference? Any ideas? But seriously, i need to get this fax machine printing to at least any of the computers.

They just need to display the incomming faxes on the computer. I have been using The Microsoft incoming fax service application. With no luck. None of these systems, have a dial up modem inside of them, they all run NICS.

Their is a dedicated FAX line that they have a splitter hooked up to that shares a connection with a credit card machine. Anyways, all help is greatly appreciated and thank you for the responses.
    Last edited by Computernerd22; September 18th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22 View Post
    Sorry guys for the late response. Had to do a last minute assignment for school. The make is a LANIER model # LD016SPF. I was playing with the settings the other day and you can make it a dynamic IP adress or set it to STATIC IP address. Not sure which would be better or more convient to use or if it would even make a difference? Any ideas? But seriously, i need to get this fax machine printing to at least any of the computers.

They just need to display the incomming faxes on the computer. I have been using The Microsoft incoming fax service application. With no luck. None of these systems, have a dial up modem inside of them, they all run NICS.

Their is a dedicated FAX line that they have a splitter hooked up to that shares a connection with a credit card machine. Anyways, all help is greatly appreciated and thank you for the responses.
    If the device is not joined to the domain, set a static IP.

I'll look up the procedure in a bit. It's a remarked Ricoh as far as I can tell. It does support SMB and FTP shares, as well as fax redirection.

I can't remember off the top of my head how to set that though. I'll look for a service manual.

HYBR|D
    D0pp interesting site you have, am sort of confused about the "About Us" page though??

Starbucks.... ? your joking right??

Ok... I got lazy.

Seriously though, read the Terms and Conditions. Stole that from McDonalds.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by D0pp139an93r View Post
    Ok... I got lazy.

Seriously though, read the Terms and Conditions. Stole that from McDonalds.
    Brilliant!!!