Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about firefox

Hybrid View

Questions about firefox

This is what I have heard today:
    Firefox is bad, it records and sends marketing information to marketing companies, its not illegal since its in the licensing agreement. That is how Mozilla doesn't go bankrupt.
    Also, Firefox deliberately slows down IE, so that it seems faster

Is this true? Or is this pure BS?

could someone look at the code? since Firefox is open-source

Methinks, this isn't true. I prefer using firefox rather than going for any other browser. Its much better than IE as it supports Add-ons and provide many other useful services. If you have some security problems you can choose private browsing option given in Tools or you can press Ctrl+Shift+P this will maintain the privacy you are looking for. If any more queries do ask me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreally View Post
    Methinks, this isn't true. I prefer using firefox rather than going for any other browser. Its much better than IE as it supports Add-ons and provide many other useful services. If you have some security problems you can choose private browsing option given in Tools or you can press Ctrl+Shift+P this will maintain the privacy you are looking for. If any more queries do ask me about it.
    I prefer FF over IE too, But...What was the last version of IE you have used?

I like IE more then I like FF. I find FF is slow, I can't backup bookmarks threw group policay. Most people I know around my area don't like IE because of viruses, spyware, etc. I find I clean a lot of clients systems and they were running the fox.

Firefox has plugins. That I agree with. is adblockplus and or filtersetg even working? greasemonkey was cool too.
    meh. -ech0.

ABP works very well for me. I think there are custom ADMs that you can import for better FF control through GP.

Excuse me sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT, because if it leaks to the VC, you could end up an MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    Actually they've broken the law many times.

There was this referral program back in '05 where popular sites would suggest their users install firefox. The problem was people started closing off their sites to anyone who wasn't using firefox. This was agianst their own agreements and they purposefully ignored it just enought to get into the pockets of those marketing agencies you've mentioned. Either way its still an act of click fraud.

They also falsely advertised it as some sort of "security product" rather than a browser. Whats funny is within months they had the same amount of flaws IE took a decade to collect.

^^ This is true, but I seem to remember reading an article stating that Firefox patched the flaws much more quickly than most other browsers. Don't get me wrong, FF has its downsides [many of them], but I have yet to find a browser that I hate less. Kind of reminds me of the last presidential election...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Well i am in two minds here. The only reason i use FF is because of plugins, Adblock plus, XMarks for bookmark syncs. If IE had these features I would really use it.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Is this true? Or is this pure BS?
    Well, as it is open source and phoning home can be monitored I think that there would have been an outcry long ago? And the other browsers would use it as ammunition in the browser wars.

The slowing down IE is pure BS.............. Microsoft would sue their arses off

Sounds like it was written by an Opera fanboi

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    Well i am in two minds here. The only reason i use FF is because of plugins, Adblock plus, XMarks for bookmark syncs. If IE had these features I would really use it.
    If you still use ie7 grab ie7Pro it comes with a ton of nice features adblocking comes default, you can even import your adblockPlus filter into it, and XMarks is downloadable and can be installed as a Plugin into ie7Pro .