Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about firefox

Banned
    He's talking about the default search.

What he should be looking at is how these toolbars only interact with sites that are apart of this whole internet2 consortium e-monopoly. The more people shift to a singular popular website, the more your views or.... anything even remotely intelligent gets drowned out by popular opinion and outright gossip.

These toolbars help further enforce this.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    Well i am in two minds here. The only reason i use FF is because of plugins, Adblock plus, XMarks for bookmark syncs. If IE had these features I would really use it.
    If you still use ie7 grab ie7Pro it comes with a ton of nice features adblocking comes default, you can even import your adblockPlus filter into it, and XMarks is downloadable and can be installed as a Plugin into ie7Pro .

He's talking about the default search.
    In which case it is a Google issue rather than a FireFox one. Anyways, I thought that all the major search engines gather marketing data, irrespective of the browser that you are using.

Firefox patches vulnerabilities faster .. True (not the fastest) .. However Firefox had the highest number of vulnerabilities in past year ..

Firefox is FAR STABLE .. I don't get the point how anyone could say that.. Firefox must have released more then 4 updates JUST FOR STABILITY.

Anyone with decent knowledge of memory leak would tell you not to use firefox, lets not talk of anything else.
    Last edited by ByTeWrangler; September 17th, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Well I know that FF has tended to have memory leak problems but this has frequently been with badly written plugins and add-ons.

I cannot say that I have personally had any problems myself, but I have plenty of RAM

I think that it has had problems with Java as well?

Also IIRC FireFox is designed to use more RAM on systems that have it available?

The main problems that I have experienced with FF have been with performance and stability of some versions of 3.x................ like a browser shouldn't take over 5 minutes to load?

I am currently using 3.6.10 and haven't had any problems so far.