Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Hybrid View

Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Hi AO I've been keeping busy but I dropped in to let you guys know that IE9 Beta is out

Link:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...ernetexplorer/

Let the IE bashing commence

Edit: Here is a download link (let me know if this works im doings this off my mac)

http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/#/download
    Last edited by chaosclown; September 20th, 2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Download Link

Well it is still in beta, but you can download it now to test it out. Remember betas are not the final product, and alot of things will be subject to change. Think of it as kind of a sneak peak. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!

Hmmm,

It won't run with XP I believe that is still the most popular Windows OS?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Hmmm,

It won't run with XP I believe that is still the most popular Windows OS?
    It's about time they dropped XP support. I love XP, but requiring a compatibility layer prevents IE from utilizing the new security and sandbox functionality within Vista/2007/7 and introduces it's own set of vulnerabilities. Also, I believe that many of the much touted rendering accelerations are heavily reliant on DX10?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

HYBR|D
    So far i'm lovin ie9. There are off course a few small things i dislike but hopefully most the issues will be fixed come final release.

It's going to give Chrome & Firefox a real run for there money now that they are all pretty much on a level playing field.

Fine each Browser has there own perks and issues, but this can only mean better results for us users.

on my win7 machine i'm now stuck between using both Chrome & ie9.

And it' is a shame they arn't bringing it out for winXP / Vista but it is understandable as XP may have more marketshare amongst there OS, but win7 is there new flagship so offcourse they are going to entice more people to move across to there newer OS.

Those whom are stuck on XP for what ever reason can still benefit from firefox4 or Chrome 7 as they have all these new features included to work on XP up to win7.

And it' is a shame they arn't bringing it out for winXP / Vista but it is understandable as XP may have more marketshare amongst there OS, but win7 is there new flagship so offcourse they are going to entice more people to move across to there newer OS.
    AFAIK IE9 will work with Vista SP2?

If MS drop support for IE8, many people using XP are likely to go to a rival browser. I can't see people buying new kit just to run the latest version of IE, after all XP will run quite happily with much less resource than Vista or 7.

Also, I come across quite a few ex-corporate machines that have onboard video and no VGA slot so graphics would be a problem.

HYBR|D
    Edit...

Correct Vista 32bit will let you install -> run

but meh Vista is just as useful as Windows ME.

Further Edit>>>
    What's new in ie9

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...er-9#section_9
    Last edited by HYBR|D; September 17th, 2010 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuesha View Post
    can addons on internet explorer cause lag? specially on beta?
    Addons to any browser can cause lag. Most common browsers have a good plugin framework by now, so it's really a question of the individual addon, except in the case of Safari on Snow Leopard. A few of the recent changes ****ed everything up.

HYBR|D
    There so stable if your able feed enough resources just to keep them from either BSOD or slowing to a crawl if left on for long periods of time. You can mash as much components together but you won't get a stable OS from either, 1 likes to crash when it wants, the other bloats itself with system resource expense until it's out of breath and just dies.

Yep i can see why both never did/will see themselves in a production environment.

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    There so stable if your able feed enough resources just to keep them from either BSOD or slowing to a crawl if left on for long periods of time. You can mash as much components together but you won't get a stable OS from either, 1 likes to crash when it wants, the other bloats itself with system resource expense until it's out of breath and just dies.

Yep i can see why both never did/will see themselves in a production environment.
    ME wasn't built on the NT kernel and was not designed for anything other than household use. Vista was fine after SP1 and even a halfassed configuration.

When we talk about memory usage we tend to forget that unused RAM is a waste. Great, you have two gigs free... Why not use that for predictive caching?