hey everyone, Sorry I have not been online in aaaagges. Life gets so Busy. Also I need to get the "Agent Boudreau" removed, as I was fired from geeksquad (thank god, long story).

ANYWAY

I have a macbook. First gen Intel white macbook.

the one with the nassty yellow palm rest issue.

Im looking at replacement parts.. And I noticed replacement parts for the black macbook.

Im wondering.. How different are the parts?

My ultimate goal would be to mod a black and white "MooBook" with parts I order online.

so before I swipe the card, Im doing some research to find out if the parts are interchangeable.

It makes logical sense they would be, why design a different housing layout just because the mac is black? why not just make the plastic black.. but this is also Apple we are talking about, so it could be anyone's guess.

I really love this macbook, it has 2gb memory with a 1.83 core duo. isnt the best on graphic power, but suprisingly the battery after 4.5 years of ownership still holds a charge for upto an hour!

the cdrom died about 2 years ago. stopped reading discs. So what started this whole idea was getting a new dvd drive.

So, final thoughts...

Does anyone have experience taking a part multiple macbooks? or know if the parts interchange?

Thanks a bunch guys!