Thread: What does this mean?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Wink What does this mean?

<!-- InstanceEnd -->猼祴敬椠㵤䈢乁䕎卒奔䕌•祴数∽整瑸振獳㸢戊⹲汣慥晲潬瑡捻敬牡戺瑯㭨栠楥桧㩴瀱㭸搠獩汰祡戺潬正※楷瑤㩨瀱絸㨊潦畣筳畯汴湩㩥‰潮敮੽昮潬瑡江晥筴汦慯㩴敬瑦੽搊癩琮形敭畮扟Ⱨ⌠扴慟Ɽ愠栮獯整彤祢‬⹡畢汩彤畢瑴湯‬⹡畢汩彤畢瑴湯猠慰⹮瑢彮敬瑦‬⹡畢汩彤畢瑴湯猠慰⹮瑢彮楲桧ⱴ搠癩猣慨敲獟捥楴湯‬楤⍶敳牡档扟牡‬氮捹獯江杯Ɐ⌠浟湥筵慢正牧畯摮町汲⼨摡⽭摡椯慭敧⽳摡慢䅔⁇ⴭਾ⼼潮捳楲瑰ਾ</body></html>

What does this mean? Not the chiense lettering, but why is it inserted into the source code when the website is set in the states? Also, how can I remove the code? From displaying on thr website it's self? I tried editing/deleting it a text editor and re uploading it but with no luck? Any tips, suggestions, is greatly appreciated, It only does this on a couple webpages I created but not the whole website.

I can't say I have seen that before. Maybe try actually deleting the file off of the server, and then upload a fresh copy. Not sure if it will help, but try that instead of replacing it. What hosting company are you using? [If you don't mind divulging that info... ]
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

just some free service i found online I will try your method and let u know how i t turns out. PS would you know where I can go website to make a menu for my website ?

HYBR|D
    You've been rooted, your site is now serving drive by Malware.

Congratulations.
    Last edited by HYBR|D; September 20th, 2010 at 04:21 AM.

I dont know what makes you think that since I was able to get rid of the code like the last person suggested. In which way am I rooted?

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22 View Post
    I dont know what makes you think that since I was able to get rid of the code like the last person suggested. In which way am I rooted?
    So your saying that you put the scipt into your source code on purpose? Off-course if can be removed, you obviously have read/write permissions on the account so off-course you are able to edit the file to remove the .js from your file/s

In most cases it's the person's FTP details that have been snipped that allows these malware authors to plant there goodies onto unsecured webservers or by adding code to your source code to either serve the malware directly from your site or have it encoded and served remotely..

HYBR|D
    P.S-> Check your file/folder permissions are Chmod correctly. You don't want to be giving them more access once you clean the file and re-upload it. Cause they will just re-root your site and re-add there code and continue serving malware.

So your saying that you put the scipt into your source code on purpose? Off-course if can be removed, you obviously have read/write permissions on the account so off-course you are able to edit the file to remove the .js from your file/s

In most cases it's the person's FTP details that have been snipped that allows these malware authors to plant there goodies onto unsecured webservers or by adding code to your source code to either serve the malware directly from your site or have it encoded and served remotely..
    Lets say for **** and giggles you came across a website and you liked the layout. So you right click in your browser, view source and there is the content. So, you open a text editor and edit/modify the code and then decide to upload it on a free service. I was just curious what it meant and can you get infected or spread malware around by visiting the site? I checked the source code which seems very basic nothing hard. Anyways, thanks for the reply. PS; you know anything about getting incoming faxes to display on the computer before they are get printed. It's in regard to another thread on the front page.