hi every one....

will come straight to the point. i have this desktop at home to which everyone has an access to. now everytime i would return from my tenure from the ship, i would find everyones files in my "My Documents" folder. it was becoming a pain to sit and make folders for everyone and transfer files into them (even after repeated telling them to do so themselves).

so i recently got me a 1 T.B. hhd and installed it on that one and made user accounts for everyone. why i didnt do this sooner is another story, will tell you guys later over drinks

now this hhd i divided it into 300 gb for windows(c drive) and 700 gb for others (d drive).

what i am trying to achieve is that....

let c drive be for windows only and the d drive for documents. i know its possible to have a link to the documents in d drive. but then if i do that everyones files will fall into the same place, bringing us back to where we started.

if on the other hand, if it is not possible to get the above settings to work. the only other option i see is deleting the "d drive" and making one big "c drive". that way one user cannot access the files of the other user. and me being the "admin" and the other two being the "standard users". i can keep in check the security of the system also.

appreciate any comments

cheers
bagggi