Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M$ vs Firefox?

Could've told her to dl OpenOffice for free Gore...

But, meh - let's face it - nobody likes OpenOffice!
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Quote Originally Posted by wiskic10_4 View Post
    Could've told her to dl OpenOffice for free Gore...

But, meh - let's face it - nobody likes OpenOffice!
    I have found open office is alright for most simple things. Though for more advanced stuff, I will boot into Windows to use MS Office. It may have more to do with my lack of experience with OO, but I tend to fine MS Office to be more intuitive.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    this idiot kid was trying to sell some 80 + year old lady a Mac Book Pro with all the accessories, almost $4k. I ripped the guy a new one for trying to rip off someones grandma! Well I needed something to do while waiting for my appointment with the "Genius"
    My grandmother was really the one to get me into computers. She used to carry around tapes and cards in a military base. Floppys where nothing but sleeved 7" records in thinner magnetic strip form. The place had so many wires hanging everywhere you'd be afraid to walk more than a yard into it all.

With her its more being out of the loop than being clueless when it comes to computers. I'd be a nice social experiment to bring a huge cold war era computer to a nursing home.

I don't use OpenOffice much. Might seem weird but really, I think I almost like regular Office better. Open Office seems so bloated to me.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    I don't use OpenOffice much. Might seem weird but really, I think I almost like regular Office better. Open Office seems so bloated to me.
    I have opted to use open-office and I do agree with you that it is bloated. From startup to having the startup cached thing in your system tray does eat your memory.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Firefox.. I can't believe you use that Nihil ..

I really think you should switch over to Opera and use IE for all sites that don't work well with Opera (I only use IE for hotmail). Also I'm using the IE9 beta
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Hey ByTe,

Don't be so worried................

Firefox.. I can't believe you use that Nihil ..
    I use all the software that my customers use, and FF seems quite popular around here. I cannot really support that with which I am not familiar.....that doesn't make me a fanboi, just a cynical realist?

I have IE8,7,6, FF, Opera, Chrome and Win 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home Premium and 7 Home Premium. I have a couple of mates who do website design and implementation and they ask me to test stuff before they pass it on to their customers........... I have the ability to cover at least 97% of what people use around here.

And it is far better for an independent person to review your work from a genuinely remote site?

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff View Post
    Spec:

I ****ing hate fruit hardware and software.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
    My thoughts EXACTLY. I've toyed with the idea of getting a part time job there just to talk their customers out of buying anything crApple.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I ****ing hate fruit hardware and software.
    Hmmm, I am not adverse to fruit and nuts...............

I have a couple of ancient Acorn machines running the RISC OS. I have also encountered Apricot PCs. This was a medium sized UK company that made basic desktops at a favourable price in the days of IBM, Compaq and HP.

Best I ever saw was a 486/66MHz...............they either were taken over or went bust.

Hmm, so there are Acorn machines that aren't in Museums? Good God... And yes, the American knows what an Acorn is. In one episode of BOFH the PFY has one