Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M$ vs Firefox?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    D0ppy..................don't worry about the camera..............come to Bridlington Hospital tomorrow and say that you are me...............they will give you a camera ............... right up your butt.

I think it is called a colonoscopy?

Seriously though nihil? Are you going to be OK? You just had that gastric mess - are you just falling apart or what?

It might be time for an upgrade...

Hope all is well. Keep us posted.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

He's from England, gastric issues are to be expected when you eat English food. No offense Nihil, but you have to admit, your people aren't exactly Chef of the year when it comes to "This is TRUE English Cuisine" ... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Well, I have found a camera, and I ordered some AAA rechargeable batteries.

D0ppy..................don't worry about the camera..............come to Bridlington Hospital tomorrow and say that you are me...............they will give you a camera ............... right up your butt.

I think it is called a colonoscopy?
    Oh God.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Well it's a good thing they aren't doing that to my Cousin.... The Camera would probably hit them in the forehead.

Thanks for the concern guys,

Actually, I am perfectly OK now; this is just the last of the series of tests my regional hospital arranged.

I was referred to the regional hospital and spent 5 days there undergoing tests.

X-Rays, CAT Scan, ECG, blood analysis, excrement analysis and so on.............. they didn't find anything (apart from the shotgun pellet embedded in my skull).

So I figured if I didn't have a disease (biological) and it wasn't physiological, it certainly wasn't psychological, so it had to be chemical, which would be something I was eating and/or drinking.

I couldn't think of anything I was consuming regularly in the past 6 weeks that I wasn't having before. I asked the wife and the only thing she could think of was processed cheese triangles. She had changed brands because they were on offer at 2 for the price of 1.

This brand has been around for years and boasts about no artificial preservatives or colourants............. it must contain something that my body metabolizes into something rather unpleasant. It would appear that they didn't do a tox analysis on the samples they took, or they might have found it. Whatever it was it was persistent because it was several days before I was totally back to normal again.

If you are wondering why I never had this before, It is probably because allergies do tend to come on stronger as you get older, and I eat very little processed food. Basically just canned fish and canned fruit. They are preserved in brine or salt as a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    I couldn't think of anything I was consuming regularly in the past 6 weeks that I wasn't having before. I asked the wife and the only thing she could think of was processed cheese triangles. She had changed brands because they were on offer at 2 for the price of 1.

This brand has been around for years and boasts about no artificial preservatives or colourants............. it must contain something that my body metabolizes into something rather unpleasant. It would appear that they didn't do a tox analysis on the samples they took, or they might have found it. Whatever it was it was persistent because it was several days before I was totally back to normal again.

If you are wondering why I never had this before, It is probably because allergies do tend to come on stronger as you get older, and I eat very little processed food. Basically just canned fish and canned fruit. They are preserved in brine or salt as a rule.
    It sounds like you are on the right track with the diet thing, Nihil. The human body becomes more acidic as it ages. A few years back when I worked support at a big machine tool company, we had an English engineer who was older. He commented to me one day he could no longer drink those dark English ales because of the acidity. I find myself in a similar situation now, and what little beer I drink now is that pisswater that passes as American lager. I don't tolerate coffee nearly as well as I once did, either.

Good thing Google didn't leave you those beer vouchers. ;^)
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Am I the only one who will say Brit Beer is horrible? I was forced to "try it" because "You've never had THIS kind of beer before and it's BETTER".....

Apparently if you're an American people assume you drink American Beer, and drive American cars, and are in general, an idiot. I don't drink American Beer because I haven't tasted one that actually doesn't suck. Which is sad because American Beer BEFORE Prohibition was apparently Good.

There is evidence of tis today with Sam Adams. That's a Beer people find strange because it's American, and has actual Flavor. And isn't Sheep's Piss. The recipe the guy who makes that beer uses, is from over 100 years ago. Just goes to show things weren't always this way.

I'm personally partial to ONE Beer:

Hacker-Pschorr. The Weiz Bier is one of the best in the World. IT's my personal favorite.

Meh. 1/2Gal vodka = $12. Koolaid=49¢. Git R Done.

<--- 11months, 10days sober.

[edit]Anybody who drinks beer for the "body" and "flavor" clearly missed the point. Three words. Miller Steel Reserve.[/edit]
    Last edited by wiskic10_4; November 2nd, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Um yeah well,

"Picked this up as a joke. Pours a clear yellow with very little head that disappears quickly. Aroma of creamed corn and grain. Slightly sweet flavor with a metallic note. Best consumed as cold as possible. Not a beer purchased for its taste. Will get you good and drunk though (and a decent headache the next morning to boot) if that is what you are looking for."

I have had beers where you wonder if you should be drinking them or pouring them into a Zippo

EDIT:

I had the colonoscopy................they didn't find anything, not even a single polyp (benign growth), so it has to be something to do with what I was eating and drinking.
    Last edited by nihil; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

Do the Brits brew beer? I thought they only brewed ale.

There are some wonderful ales from Britain. My favorite was Samuel Smith's. We used to call it "liquid bread" because it was almost a meal in itself, and sustained me on many many acid trips back in the day.

There is quite a variety of American lagers, believe it or not. Pour some Budweiser into a clear glass sometime and note the slight greenish tint. An old-timer I knew back in the 80's referred to modern beer as "green beer" for the way it was brewed.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers