Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF 4.0

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

FF 4.0

Tried to search for a thread but couldnt find one. If there is one, apologies.

Anyone tried this out. Looks neat so far but haven't done much testing.

Its abit sluggish when doing the window cascading like opera did back in teh day.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I'm not surprised. Vista was supposed to have Aero so Windows could sort of look as nice as Enlightenment can on a 433 MHz Celeron with 5 times the requirements.

hmm it has sync - way to step up with Chrome

Who needs Xmarks now. I want my $20 back from them!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

HYBR|D
    I have been fiddling with this beta on & off for the last 2 months or so. Once you mess around with the about:config and enable/disable a few things it's fairly snappy and 1 can notice a few improvements.

But i still prefer my ie7.

well tbh im totally unimpressed. the whole graphic accelerator thing is not going well (i think they leeched it from Opera) - far too sluggish. The sync doesnt seem to work, might be me though.

Dammit , can no one make a decent browser
    Albert Einstein

I have really only tested it to see.

1. Does it work on older equipment.
    2. Does it start and shutdown reasonably quickly.
    3. Does it do what I want to do reasonably quickly.
    4. Does it conflict with other stuff I am running.

So far it seems OK and I would have no worries about installing the production version. I am still a little cautious about FF updates since my experiences with 3.1 and 3.2 ................ like 10 minutes to load!!!! and I wasn't the only one with the same experience.

Aero? ............. what am I suposed to be looking at, as I cannot see any difference between Vista with Aero and XP Pro without? Could be my monitors aren't up to it (they are not mentioned in the specs) or maybe I just don't do the things that Aero is supposed to be for.

Banned
    The reason why the themes look like dog poo-poo is because the folks from gnome probably designed them. Classic/NT theme, FOR THE FRIGGIN' WIN!

Any browser that takes more that five seconds to load a webpage should be uninstalled without question. Firefox is a sucky sucktastic bag of crap.

Any browser that takes more that five seconds to load a webpage should be uninstalled without question.
    If that is consistent performance then I agree entirely, although I am sure we have all visited sites that were running slow because of problems at the webserver end?

What I was actually referring to was the time it took the browser to load onto the desktop from when you first kicked it off, and before you went on the internet.

Firefox is a sucky sucktastic bag of crap.
    Well, I have IE8, FF3.6, Opera, and Chrome; but as I only surf pr0n, I haven't really noticed any difference between them

HYBR|D
    any 1 else getting issue's with the new ff4.0b6 ?

every now and again it's giving me 404 or server not found frankly it's really starting to peeve me off.

even though it's a beta i would still expect for it to at least let me view pr0n sites.

We should ban anymore Firefox thread's.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.