Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Slapped Again

Quote Originally Posted by wiskic10_4 View Post
    Ermmm... because they took the picture maybe? Just a thought...

I just don't see it as an infringement on anyone's rights, and I certainly don't believe that's what Google set out to do. I think it's a handy little feature to have on their already awesome Maps web app. I mean, unless the pictures were taken from a private road, I don't see how they've done anything wrong.
    I'm still in agreement with wiskic. It's your own responsibility to keep yourself and your property safe. If someone keeps a Lexus parked outside their house and someone stole it because its picture was on street-view, its not Google's fault. Its their fault that they weren't properly protecting their own property. It is in my opinion that no one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore, as well as their lack of actions.

Banned
    And for the third or forth time in a row you still don't get it. And what about dignity? Or better yet, most people would settle for some form of common civility from them.

If they aren't a giant infringement on everyone's rights then they wouldn't have been sued... and then hit again when they refuse to comply with court appointed orders just to leave these people alone.

Private roads? Even trucking industry has more respect for privacy and the safety of other people on the road than these guys.

AOs Resident Troll
    I like street view.......gives me an idea of where I am going. I really dont see a problem with pictures of my house on the interweb.....makes me more diligent in making sure my info is private....ie...unpublished phone number etc.

I dont like the fact that they captured the wireless info.....

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Banned
    Hell, not even AT&T had the balls to display such a snobby "we are the world... and your just in it" kinda attitude toward the customers they've spied on and scammed. But the world is already small... so why take things to a point where it makes you suffocate?
    Ermmm... because they took the picture maybe? Just a thought...
    If my home is my castle then who's to say it isn't my brand name and trademark aswell. Do you honestly think google would let me copyright an image of something they owned? Yet alone make a business model out of it!?

gives me an idea of where I am going.
    I wonder how far outside your home you get before being lost. Or did you mean that it "guides you spiritually"?

Morgan. When it all boils down to it... the world isn't run by a company, the free masons, the illuminati, or even a bunch of jews. Instead the world is exclusively run by stupid people and you happen to be one of them. So of course you see no problem with it, you're an idiot!
    Last edited by The-Spec; November 6th, 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec
    If my home is my castle then who's to say it isn't my brand name and trademark aswell. Do you honestly think google would let me copyright an image of something they owned? Yet alone make a business model out of it!?
    If you took a picture of the Google headquarters from the street, and for whatever reason, people paid you to see it, then I shouldn't think that Google would have any problem with it, nor could they do anything about it - the photo is your property, and there were no signs posted that said "No Photographs".

Of course, I don't pay Google a dime to look at the houses on street view, and neither does anybody else (that I know of).

A "business model"? Seriously? Are we even talking about the same thing anymore?

Morgan. When it all boils down to it... the world isn't run by a company, the free masons, the illuminati, or even a bunch of jews. Instead the world is exclusively run by stupid people and you happen to be one of them. So of course you see no problem with it, your an idiot!
    Well, at least Morgan can spell.
    ..."we are the world... and your just in it" kinda additude...
    wtf is "additude"?

Whatever. You don't agree with it? Fine. But for God's sake, grow up and debate the matter like an adult - like nihil and the rest of the people on the forum. This "your an idiot" crap is uncalled for, and only serves to make you look like a child. Aren't you like 26 or something? I guess some folks never out grow trolling...

[edit] nice edit.
    Last edited by wiskic10_4; November 6th, 2010 at 03:36 AM.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Banned
    Trolling outside your home with a camera is fine. But the moment its not agreed upon to get-along on your silly little forum...

suddenly the tables turn and you're the one left saying, "hey that's uncalled for... stop... you can't do that!"

Trolling outside your home with a camera is fine. But the moment its not agreed upon to get-along on your silly little forum...

suddenly the tables turn and you're the one left saying, "hey that's uncalled for... stop... you can't do that!"
    I don't care that you don't agree with me/us/whoever. But you don't have to be disrespectful about it.

Granted, I did imply that nihil was a "crotchety old fart" - but it was all in fun - sorry if I offended you nihil - I was just trying to be funny...

I need to practice what I preach I guess...

I don't think Google driving down the street taking pictures is "trolling", but you're entitled to your opinion.

If Google Street View begins causing problems for me or my community, perhaps I'll change my mind - but so far, this is the first place I've heard anyone complain - and I honestly don't see how it's disrespectful, undignified or "snobby" - I think Google is just being Google - creating innovative and useful tools with technology and sharing them on the Intarwebz - and admittedly, making some serious bank in doing so.

So what about Google Ocean - is that an infringement on someone's rights? Or is it just disrespectful to the fishies?
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Banned
    "Sharing" web based technology usually consist of users posting the content... not a company going directly to your home, taking it, then abuse some DMCA loophole to gain an instant copyright over whatever they find (or break into and steal).

HYBR|D
    So The_Spec, let me understand you.

You have a huuuuuuuge issue with Google Earth, they invade your privacy etc, but yet you openly "Break" into people's website's invading there privacy etc etc just so you can deface there property?

How's google earth doing what there doing any different to what you get up to?

Like i' said i'm curious, and really don't understand the difference?

As you've mentioned people have in the past have used the google earth thing to check out potential places to break into and do whatever to. And you willingly scan multiple websites for the taking.

The burglar breaks in steals causes damages, you break into the webserver either by running shell code or what ever, you cause damages by changing the appearance of the site and what ever else you do while messing around with the controls.

how's what you do any different to what google are doing? I see it as both technically invade people's privacy..

Not that i have an issue with Google Earth, infact i love using there app, as i get to view different parts of the world and see things in a clearer picture then what i would see from a censored book/television etc.

Last edited by HYBR|D; November 6th, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Google, by definition, is not trolling anybody.

"Sharing" web based technology usually consist of users posting the content... not a company going directly to your home, taking it, then abuse some DMCA loophole to gain an instant copyright over whatever they find (or break into and steal).
    Google is not infringing on any copyright law within the United States when taking street view pictures.

Google has no legal privilege to allow or disallow you from copyrighting an image that you have taken, regardless of what picture that may be.

The_Spec: I am not flaming you, nor am I attacking you. I am simply pointing out that although you may hate Google, and that is completely within your rights, you can't simply make claims that they are doing things that are illegal because you think what they're doing is immoral. You are making statements on legality based on your emotional opinion of Google. That is just not how it works. You can say that what Google is doing is just wrong all you want, but you can't say that they are breaking US laws just because you hate them and what they are doing is in some gray area of morality.