Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Display Issues via Content Filter

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

AO Display Issues via Content Filter

Hey all,

Working onsite the other day I noticed that AO was not displaying correctly - I didn't take a screenshot at the time as I am sure it was the content keeper appliance.

AO was blocked and we simply add the url to the content keeper policy so I suspect there are objects on AO that are outside antionline.com however to describe the issue I found large grey squares next to community, search and quick links which seemed like an image was not displaying but now that I look at it from home I can see it was the drop down boxes.

Anyone care to offer a reason? Was running Windows 7 and IE 8 and have never noticed a problem on other sites. If it is due to the content keeper, what URLs or other rules are needed to resolve this odd display problem.

In any case - its nice to be posting and glad to see all the familiars

See you around the posts

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

There are no separate URLs for those page features. I imagine having scripting disabled might do it.

HYBR|D
    there's a few .js being pulled from practicallynetworked.com they are always causing loading/rendering issues for me.

http://forums.practicallynetworked.c...s-20.xml&num=3

http://forums.practicallynetworked.c...s-20.xml&num=3

there are also a few images being pulled from the wrong directory.

ie:> images.antionline.com/images

And this annoying error The requested URL /images/smilies/http://images.antionline.com/images/* was not found on this server.

I've got a big list of things that are wrong or are still displaying jupitermedia logo's etc.

The JavaScript being pulled from another domain has nothing to do with images. Wouldn't cause what he's describing. None of those things would. He's talking about native forum features not displaying.

I will do a screenshot next week and post it up - I will also make some changes for testing purposes and see if I can come up with the answer

Screenshots are always helpful!

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Hey guys,

Screenshot below and also a screenshot of the quick reply WYSIWYG;

see attached (I hope)..... from the screenshots you can see what im working with - it took me some time to find the gray square which is 'attachments'.

CTO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Albert Einstein

HYBR|D
    I get the similiar look, on both styles. i'm lucky if i'm able to actually logg in let alone stay logged in..

i'm still iffed about all the different .js beeing called

I've never seen anything remotely close to that here. It has to be some sort of content blocking. I'm afraid all I can suggest is trial and error.

Just curious,

What OS and browser versions?

I am using FF 3.6.12 on XP Pro SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2........I have NoScript and AdBlocker enabled,and AO set as a trusted site. I cannot replicate your issue.

Please let me know your setup, and I will have a go at helping to resolve it. Now that I think of it, I have pretty much the same environment running on Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and 7 Home Premium; also without issues?

Damn! I have it now...........you just can't get the quality of witchdoctor you used?...................he was supposed to block you lot from winning the Ashes

Hey all - as I had originally thought, the content keeper was responsible. Prior to adding an exception the entire site was blocked. The exception I added was *.antionline.com and this allowed AO but with the display issue as per my original post.

I added another exception *antionline.com and this has fixed all the display issues..... anyone care to comment?

Kind regards,

CTO
    - Albert Einstein