Thread: PPPOE passthrough on netgear DGN2200

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

PPPOE passthrough on netgear DGN2200

So I bought a DGN2200, wireless N very cool about 2 months ago. Now I would like to do a PPPOE relay or passthrough and make my PC do the PPPOE and to my amazement it doesnt have this feature.

Please tell me that someone has a fix for this because $100 on this router and it cant even do that, I could have just picked up a 2nd hand billion for $50 to do what I need.

Surely its a matter of including it in the firmware.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Whaaaaaattt!!!!!

So I bought a DGN2200, wireless N very cool about 2 months ago.
    I have searched past posts very diligently, and nowhere can I find you asking our permission or even approbation for such an action!

Is this Windows 7 by the way?

To be honest, I don't know that piece of kit at all. Did you buy it new? if so, what do the manufacturers/agents say about it?

As you are in SA do you have the same thing as we do in the UK...........US kit is priced as if the exchange rate was $1 = £1 rather than the 1.5~1.6 that it actually is? Maybe you didn't get a high enough model? even though you thought you paid the price.

With a router I would expect the firmware to match the hardware, unlike the crap you often get in OEM computers. It could be that there is something subtle buried in the small print of the manual?

Please don't tell me you got it on e-bay

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Whaaaaaattt!!!!!

I have searched past posts very diligently, and nowhere can I find you asking our permission or even approbation for such an action!

Is this Windows 7 by the way?

To be honest, I don't know that piece of kit at all. Did you buy it new? if so, what do the manufacturers/agents say about it?

As you are in SA do you have the same thing as we do in the UK...........US kit is priced as if the exchange rate was $1 = £1 rather than the 1.5~1.6 that it actually is? Maybe you didn't get a high enough model? even though you thought you paid the price.

With a router I would expect the firmware to match the hardware, unlike the crap you often get in OEM computers. It could be that there is something subtle buried in the small print of the manual?

Please don't tell me you got it on e-bay
    lolol ...

No man, i bought it from a supplier here. Firmware updated (everytime i log into the router it checks for this , quite an intelligent router isnt it .

I have done some googling and the DGN2000 can do it but they left it out of this model, WTF!

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...ating-settings

I have made a post on netgears forums and waiting a reply.

I actually cant believe this, its totally ridiculous.

Yes , Windows 7.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hmmmmm,

Looks like you bought a POS?

I would have thought it would have been supported, given that the earlier and cheaper DGN2000 does?

//me cross NetGear off the list of approved suppliers and move on. //

When everything is made in China.........what does a brand name count for other than to overprice the same crap?