Thread: firefox tab catalog-all tabs

firefox tab catalog-all tabs

I had my firefox opened with maybe 20 tabs at the same time. I opened a new tab and I pressed a couple of keys together and all of a sudden there was this thumbnail preview from all the tabs in that empty tab.

Can you guess please what keys I pressed simultaneously ? I googled a lot but I couldn't find the right hotkey. I just came to term for it like it's tab catalog or tab candy or panorama or something?

My firefox is 3.6.13 and definitely I don't have any special add-on installed.

To help you, although both my hands were on the keyboard professionally but I guess I pressed some keys at the left hand side like a combination of alt, ctrl, shift and tab. But I can't figure out what it was.....
    Last edited by boyboy400; March 2nd, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

I have moved this from chit-chat so it appears on the front page

Edit:

Might it have been the "Windows" key?...........sorry, I use a UK English keyboard
    Last edited by nihil; March 2nd, 2011 at 12:48 AM.

oh yes definitely so probably a combination of alt and or ctrl and or shift and or windows logo key and or tab and or anything around...

really weird I can't make it again!!!!!!!!!!!!

This link shows kind of what I experienced:

http://maketecheasier.com/10-firefox...ent/2008/12/23

but I'm pretty sure I didn't even know such extension did exist so I could have not possible already installed it...so it should be something related maybe to win7 peek stuff or my latest firefox or a combination of both....weird

Oh My Gosh! It happened again.
    I was in Settings section of my Gmail and I was typing something down as my signature so the cursor was twinkling (if that's the word) in the signature box. I pressed ctrl+shift (hold these two) + tab and I expected to move to previous tab but instead the panorama showed up! It's really amazing and it doesn't happen anywhere else apparently. Please tell me if you can think of a way I can have such a thing elsewhere since the first time I wasn't here.

Rat dance:
    During the time I was trying to find the answer to this question I came a cross some other hotkeys:
    1- win logo + B gets you to the task bar items
    2- In windows 7, ctrl+shift+N creates a new folder
    3- In windows vista ctrl+****+o opens the desktop folder (not showing the desktop as winlog+D does)...this one is not actually very useful but anyways just saying
    Last edited by boyboy400; March 10th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Hi there bbCD,

This is a rather interesting thread. I am afraid that since your last post, I have only had a chance to try XP and Vista, and I couldn't get it to happen. I suspect it is Windows 7 only?

I am wondering if it might be an "Easter Egg", rather than a bug..........oops! sorry...."feature" as it certainly seems useful. I don't think that it would be too difficult for a developer to slip in a bit of extra code in, as testing at the unit level is generally on functionality rather than requirements specifications. That comes with end-to-end and integration testing, and finally, with user acceptance testing. None of those look at the code; just what it does compared to the requirements specs.

Anyways, I have never seen a Microsoft bug that was useful, and they have certainly had long enough trying.

Perhaps a Google for "Windows 7 Easter Eggs" might shed some light?

I will move onto Windows 7 this weekend.

That's cool nihil...
    I have Vista at home and I just tried it and it happened!
    Go to your gmail...press Settings at the top right corner...under the General, scroll down to the middle of the page where you can type something as your signature...click in that big signature box and then holding ctrl+ shift press Tab...hope it happens for you too