Thread: How much?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

How much?

I am trying to figure out how much I should charge my girlfriends company for building/creating their website it's for a doctors office. Anyways, this website consists of only a ----> HOMEPAGE, DOCTORS, LOCATIONS, CONTACT US (4 pages in all) it's simple, easy to navigate, and looks good. So, how much should I charge them for doing the website?

The website is completed. However, it is not published on the internet yet. I am going to have the doctors look at here in a little while. All help is greatly appreciated. Later, Mike

Hi CN22,

That is difficult for me, being that I live in the UK, where my medical treatment is free................it is really how long did it take you, and what support are you offering?

If they will take on a support contract then it is a different ballgame from a one-off?

What do others charge in your area?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    If they will take on a support contract then it is a different ballgame from a one-off?

No support contract was ever made. I was just going to host it on godaddy.com and get it up and running for them.

What do others charge in your area?
    It varies. One company was 125.00 a page, some where 300.00 a page, then of course if you want ecommerence, custom logos/banners, flash, etc.... it varies. How much would you charge them? I said 600 bucks but I do not want to short change myself. Is 600 bucks too cheap?

It depends on the quality of the site. I can create web pages, but do not consider myself a web designer. I can give someone a web presence, but wouldn't feel right charging much for it. One of my friends builds websites professionally, and creates amazing stuff... he charges about $45/hour to create them. That includes planning stages, training etc.

It also will depend on whether you will be doing updates to the site, or if they will do updates. An hourly model might be the best way to go.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

4 pages, I assume are static. No CMS, eCommerce, Database to speak of.

FREE.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

FREE.
    Ah, like medical treatment in the US?

Free as in getting your foot in the door.

Support and upgrade fees come later...
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Around $40/hour is a standard rate for something like this, but you might also want to go with a flat rate. Web design is one of those fields where word-of-mouth advertising is really important so you'll want to make sure they feel like they got a great deal. Maybe give it to em for $50 and consider it an investment?

Hey dino,

I £ik€ your $ty£€

@ hackerisland

Very sound advice there. Particularly if you are targeting a niche market where your customers talk to eachother. I live in a holiday resort, and have a lot of small hotels and guest houses customers gained that way.