Thread: unknown network drive

unknown network drive

recently i had a unknown network drive show up in my list of drives , q: is the drive letter in this case , im running windows 7 64 bit with all updates i dont have any special networking software and im running a linksys wrt120n router .it looks like someone mapped the drive to my machine ,its totally empty ,it doesnt allow me any access to it whatsoever ive checked the other machines on the network and there is no drives mapped from any of the other machines,my security concern is that it leads to another machine outside my network, i dont even know if thats possible ,im new to windows 7 ive learned alot in the past few months but this has me stumped and concerned
    please help ill post a screen shot below thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by romanticcowboy; April 14th, 2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: added screen shot

HYBR|D
    Curious, what happens if you open a command prompt window, and manually cd into it?

if that doesn't work, change the attrib settings then re try.

Banned
    It's a cloud equivalent of a network drive used for on the fly installs of the ms office suite. Its supposed to remove itself after you've restarted the computer.

ty you guys it disappeared finally,sorry about the slow response ,i been busy as heck working

HYBR|D
    Any ideas on how you achieved it to dissapear? change anything on the system etc?

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    Any ideas on how you achieved it to dissapear? change anything on the system etc?
    i been so busy only able to get on for a few hours at a time i havent really paid attention ,i run a farm now with lots of animals so i dont have time of my own like i used to

Hi there romanticcowboy, what size of farm, what sort of animals, and how many?

I have done support for automated hog-farming applications.............I think that the smell has just gone

Have you any computerised systems for the farm?

Hope you were OK with those tornadoes............. a half-mile wide critter flattened my brother-in-laws house in Athens Al.

Cheers

EDIT:

Probably a Windows update finished the job?
    Last edited by nihil; May 5th, 2011 at 09:13 AM.

i know this post is old but cant resist ,as i recall it was a application that did it i don't remember which though,the tornado's tend to go after the well house lol , we live in an hundred year old house that's still standing through lots tornados