Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a laugh?

Talking Having a laugh?

This cannot be for real?

Welcome to the best ************* from the entire world, Information on local issues, all politics, Main events, World celebrations, people and all business on **********.com. Online Newspapers if you are looking for best accommodation, shopping, in free Online Newspapers. Bargains and about the weather then this is the place to start. Information about Online Holidays, vacations, Online Resorts, real estate and property together with finance, stock market and as well as investments reports in Online Newspapers, also look for theater, movies, culture, Online Entertainment, activities and events all covered in Online Newspapers.
    It was posted to the thread "Contacting an administrator or moderator"

I felt that I just had to share

sounds like the place to bookmark. hey!

Hi Ted0b1, long time no see, how's it hangin?

What I liked about this one was if you are going to spam a site, wouldn't the best place to start be a sticky thread that hasn't been posted to in years and relates to contacting the site's administration?

It must have been a bot

HYBR|D
    the Irony.

Must of figured that if it posted in a older topic it would be less noticable then posting in a newer topic.

Good work Johnno.

these topics you've been starting latly sort of remind me of those weekly "Mailbags" GayyyPeeei used to post when she used to own the site.

Well mate!

these topics you've been starting lately sort of remind me of those weekly "Mailbags" GayyyPeeei used to post when she used to own the site.
    When Joe [JPnyc} was running all the sites he didn't have the time for humour.......... he just did the job and got on with things? I have a bit more time, as I am only a mod of only one site (here, that is)

As for Ms Vrasnevitch, I decline to comment..............

And for all you little toerags that liked things when GayPee had things.....you have no-one left to protect you now, so STFU might be a good strategy?

The past is never going to be resurrected...... any of you even remember 286 & 386 processors?................ $100 for 8 MB of 72-pin EDO RAM?

His name is actually John Vranesevich.

Personally I feel the site has died since he turned it over.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksnake View Post
    But Gaaaayyy Peeeee sounds so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksnake View Post
    If that helps you sleep at night.

when She was running the site there was a lot of internal "Sock" accounts boosting the "Stats".

The site didn't have much legitimate traffic, a fair % was due to Gaaaay Peeee & Co boosting with "Sock" accounts.

Once Jupitermedia aquired the site, and went through and removed & patched, the activity that remained was actual organic traffic not "Internally Injected traffic.

His first name might be John, but his surname is whatever his antecedents thought it should be, using their phonetics. We are talking a 33 character Cyrillic alphabet here.

He has the middle initial "P"

He took the money and ran...............sensible boy, he saw the writing on the wall for sites like ours. Anyone read lately of the great JPV............ consultant to the FBI/CIA/IRS whatever?................no, you haven't and you know why.

I doubt if his twink sites are still extant.......?

Sometimes it is best to bury the past and move on?

Im not raggin on anyone here or saying what was happening, just stating that once the site switched owners, it seemed like rats abandoning ship. A lot of users quit participating in the forums.
    Now whether this was due to these sock accounts as you say or perhaps it was the irc going away or maybe people just grew up and moved on.
    Me personally, I havent been to the site in years and its because there is nothing really interesting going on in the forums.

Just my view.

Now I do have to wonder, under the statistic for users. It is a rather large number 125000 + I believe. But how many of those users have actually logged on in the past year?
    Last edited by Darksnake; April 26th, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Hi there Darksnake,

Do you remember this:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?t=276314

I came across it this morning (I guess in the UK we are 6 hours adrift of Texas?) as I was trashing a spam post.

I think that people have changed, that technology has changed and that the internet has changed.

I know of several who have succumbed to the pressures of marriage, raising a family, paying a mortgage and holding down a job. We have not been recruiting new members like in the old days...........broadband, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and other social networking phenomena have pushed discussion forums off the front page, let alone newsgroups and BBS............. there are very few sites that I frequent that haven't suffered a similar decline over the same time period as AO.

Hell!, I think that when I joined AO I was using a 33.6 dial-up modem and paying my Telco by the minute?...............it is called progress, not some aura of one JPV............... he just sold out when he could.

The bottom line is that JPV ran a site for people without purchasing influence, whose descendants have no interest in this media anymore.

There are quite a few people that I got drunk with and had intimate relations with at college (university) whom I have not had contact with since...............and I am now married to my third wife (triumph of hope over experience?)............that's life

EDIT:

Now I do have to wonder, under the statistic for users. It is a rather large number 125000 + I believe. But how many of those users have actually logged on in the past year?
    If you look at the very bottom of the discussion forums page you will see some site statistics. It says that there are 332 active users, but I don't know how that is worked out.

Come to think of it I can't say I know of anybody under the age of 25 who regularly visits discussion forums other than lose relating to sports clubs and if you mention IRC you tend to just get a blank look?
    Last edited by nihil; April 28th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.