Thread: help website building

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

help website building

I want to build a small pc repair website, home, services, locations, map etc... for my website. I want to it to buy look good, easy to navigate and a good price. Can anyone recommend a website company that offers templates that do this if not, anyone know of a cheap company, thnanks Mike.

HYBR|D
    Why not just use Wordpress, heaps of free templates, and it's even easier to customize.

or if you just want something small, you might be best just creating a few static pages.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I have
    Why not just use Wordpress, heaps of free templates, and it's even easier to customize.

or if you just want something small, you might be best just creating a few static pages.
    I made a couple of 'personal websites' nothing for business just for fun. Were my girlfriend works at a *medical office) they want me to build there website all they want is easy and simply to navigate. Not sure of what software to use coffeecup or perhaps dreamweaver. I am just trying to make a few bucks on the side. thats all. I used a website called wix.com pretty neat I am looking for my site s like that. al help is greatly appreciated

Be careful,

I am just trying to make a few bucks on the side.
    If you look professional, people will expect professional

The best recommendation is word of mouth............it is also the surest condemnation.

You are competing with professional outfits who do it full time, so you had better go for things like "fixed labour charge", "no fix, no fee", "free estimates", and so on.

Please remember that you are not the only student looking to make a few bucks on the side, so your competition is not only from established businesses.

Perhaps a very simplistic web presence is a better idea..............you see if I was a potential customer, I would need an incentive to use you rather than Geeksquad, or my local Mom & Pop, who I can at least nail under my consumer rights if they screw up.

Think about it......................?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Be careful,

I would need an incentive to use you rather than Geeksquad, or my local Mom & Pop, who I can at least nail under my consumer rights if they screw up.

Think about it......................?
    Uwentthere? Rlyyehrly? lol, there should be tests for the official term "geek", imo. Corporate asshats pretending to know what they're doing and trying to sell you a warranty for their "service" of hooking up your box to a roto-router slice and swipe is not my definition of a geek...

IME, most people looking for help with a website are older people that didn't grow up with much interbutts experience. Make some simple websites, and increase them in the complexity of "user experience". Start with simple html, pics, links, text...then another that uses roll overs, etc....then move on to full flashtastic "dynamic" seizure causing stupidness. Increase the amount of money you charge accordingly per type, and whammo, u canhazcustomer.

Experience is delivery, delivery is proof, the websites would be the proof. In the end, imo, you have to sell yourself to the person.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.