Thread: Translator for windows

Translator for windows

So I want to use such client for Google Translator. But may be there are other translators for Windows? What can you advice?

Hello aaareg, and welcome to AO.

Are there any specific languages that you have in mind? some are better than others, but it depends on the language types.

I am assuming that you are looking for a free solution?

Chrome's translation is only as good as Babelfish. I'm assuming you're translating from french...how bout your next president, eh? lolololol.

Also: Best translation is your own, if you need to translate, learn the language, even if you have to do it word by word. Things tend to "sink in", as it were.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Also: Best translation is your own, if you need to translate, learn the language, even if you have to do it word by word. Things tend to "sink in", as it were.
    Sort of.............you will have problems with tonal and context based languages such as Chinese, Japanese and so on. In that case you will need to translate the translation.

Another problem are languages such as Arabic and Hebrew. In their common usage the vowels are left out (usually little squiggles above/below the main text) so you are expected to use the context as a guide. That is why important stuff like religious texts are in "Koranic Arabic" or "Talmudic Hebrew", which I would describe as the "legalese" version of the language.

I have yet to see a translator of Asian languages that gives you much more than a general idea.

azn languages are a whole other ballpark, even cyrillic is easier, actually, it's much easier...

AZN DON'T COUNT!! As far as this goes, anyway.

I agree, Cyrillic is a similar structure with a 33 charset.

When you have a language that goes up and down, right to left and generally looks as if you have dipped a drunken spider in ink.............then you have problems

I mentioned Asian languages and Arabic and Hebrew; because they present a whole new set of issues, from a translation viewpoint.

The OP did not specify which language sets or types he was interested in?

Arabic and Hebrew are easier than azn...

I some how came to the assumption OP is french speaking, I dunnowhy, tho.