there was a problem sending the command to the program yahoo messenger

Thread: there was a problem sending the command to the program yahoo messenger

there was a problem sending the command to the program yahoo messenger

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-...s-mozilla.html

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=734&q=there+was+a+problem+sending+the+command+to+the+program&oq=There+was+a+pro&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=1743l6223l0l15l12l0l1l1l0l327l2333l2.3.3.3&fp=1bec9fdc6b40133e

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7 64 bit installed.
    Recently I have been experiencing this problem whenever I log in to a Yahoo messenger and click on Yahoo Mail icon the below error message pops us :
    Code:
    there was a problem sending the command to the program
    http://i56.tinypic.com/ibb9fc.png

I tried to Google it but I could not find a solution to my problem although I

tried most of the suggestion that I found through my Google search

Uninstalled and installed Yahoo

Associate HTTP and HTTPS to firefox

Enable pops up

Thanks

Edit : I realized now if I want to open a saved html file same message pops up
    Last edited by zillah; May 9th, 2011 at 10:59 PM.

Do you have any errors in your Windows event logs?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Out of curiosity, have you tried different browsers, like Opera, Chrome and IE?

I usually try that first to see if it is a browser specific problem, before I move on with the troubleshooting

Out of curiosity, have you tried different browsers, like Opera, Chrome and IE?
    since I have not got a problem with a html file only , therefore trying different browsers would not help me out because I have got problem with Yahoo as well.
    Means I want to solve a problem with Yahoo as well with html

Regards

Do you have any errors in your Windows event logs?
    I could not find any error message ,,,,any way I cleared windows event logs for application and I am going to monitor that and I update you accordingly

Regards

I think I cracked it by 1stly making IE8 as the default then reverting the default back to Mozilla and so far all's working well.
    It looks like someone else found an issue with the browser?

Just because a particular browser will work with some things doesn't mean that it will work with them all. This goes back years as far as secure connections are concerned.

Please try using a different browser, just to see what happens. I am trying to narrow down where the problem is occurring

Please try using a different browser, just to see what happens. I am trying to narrow down where the problem is occurring
    Thanks nihil

I will try that and let you know

Regards

Just because a particular browser will work with some things doesn't mean that it will work with them all. This goes back years as far as secure connections are concerned.
    I tried to open few of archived html files I have got no problem,,,I do not why !!!

I have changed file association from Firefox to opera then I reopened those archived html files I have got no problem.

But still I am experiencing problem with yahoo!!! right now yahoo is opened with Firefox do I need to change that to a different browser if so how can I do that ?

Thanks

OK zillah,

I mostly use FireFox, so I have the Yahoo! toolbar installed, and just click on the mail icon.

In Opera I just type Yahoo into the address bar and hit "enter" it takes me to a Google search page with the Yahoo! UK site on top (it seems to know what country I am in). I just click on the mail link, and it takes me to the Yahoo site.

I have just opened my mail account in both Opera and FireFox. 2x Windows 7 64bit and XP Pro 32bit, so it doesn't look Windows related?

Also, html files open just fine. FF is my default browser so the system uses that, unless I tell it to use something else.

It sounds to me as if you might have a corrupted FireFox installation. You might try reinstalling FF and if that doesn't work then uninstalling and reinstalling it.

REMEMBER! if you have to uninstall please save your Bookmarks (favourites) first

Good luck!