Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Lulzsec

Well one of the things you people have to understand is that the world isn't run by jews or the illuminati... instead its exclusively run by stupid people.
    You forgot "cunning bastards" and freemasons.

In a non-democratic society you have to be cunning to get to the top and stay alive.

In a Democracy it is the majority (stupid people) who elect the leaders..........and guess what happens?

So the next time you hear a theory don't think in the scope of anything elaborate at all. Think more along the lines of "this is a stupid idea".
    That doesn't always follow..........some ideas are flawed because they are over-complex. Hence the saying: "KISS".

Like planting a bug up a cat's anus and having it wander in a busy road.
    Haven't heard of that one, but it sounds like something out of Langley?

Or calling a poison ink pen a secret weapon against Castro... then realising it wasn't mightier than the machine gun.
    "The pen may not be mightier than the sword; but it's a damn sight easier to write with"

Banned
    You forgot "cunning bastards" and freemasons
    Nope. Still stupid... look at the ridiculous regalia and goofy hats.

Anyone following the Antisec stuff? It is pretty entertaining. Check twitter for #antisec.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I think this is going to bite them in the ass down the road considering Barack is considering digital attacks as "acts of war". That is grounds for life in prison and death penalty?
    illv // seen the digital world from monochrome dial up to what it is today.

Our government is fond of wars that can't be "won" by a clear and distinct victory. Perpetual war is necessary to justify the freaking massive budgets demanded by our intelligence and "defense". Same with our police force, incidentally. How often do we really need soldiers with body armor and fully automatic weapons to handle civil disturbances? And yet no-knock raids are increasingly common because SWAT teams need to justify their existence, otherwise have their budget cut.

Thus we have a war on "drugs" and a war on "terror". The war on terror is the most successful yet, as a "terrorist" need only be called a terrorist, and a whole new set of rules applies.

Digital attacks are likely to be thrown under the "terror" umbrella too because it is convenient. Thus, you're not throwing a hacker in prison for live. You're imprisoning a terrorist.
    Last edited by keezel; June 21st, 2011 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keezel View Post
    Our government is fond of wars that can't be "won" by a clear and distinct victory. Perpetual war is necessary to justify the freaking massive budgets demanded by our intelligence and "defense". Same with our police force, incidentally. How often do we really need soldiers with body armor and fully automatic weapons to handle civil disturbances? And yet no-knock raids are increasingly common because SWAT teams need to justify their existence, otherwise have their budget cut.

Thus we have a war on "drugs" and a war on "terror". The war on terror is the most successful yet, as a "terrorist" need only be called a terrorist, and a whole new set of rules applies.

Digital attacks are likely to be thrown under the "terror" umbrella too because it is convenient. Thus, you're not throwing a hacker in prison for live. You're imprisoning a terrorist.
    That's a nice post Honestly; I think the ideal that eventually, we'll be putting smart people in jail for a simple screw up in something, is probably going to be true.

I mean look at what Nixon did when he started the DEA and war on drugs; He created a massive underground just like the original drug laws did, which is stupid of course, because our Constitution, is supposed to guarantee certain rights to us as people, and human beings, and a drug law, prevents it.

As for Terrorists, I do find it humorous that they stopped calling it "The War Against Terror" because people realized an acronym was too funny not to print lol. Nothing like seeing some red neck with a huge "****" sign lol.

I've also seen pictures of a guy who has a sign essentially saying "Get a Brain Morans!!!!" and.... That was priceless to me; A guy who's saying someone is stupid and spelling moron wrong, that's awesome lol.

Our government is fond of wars that can't be "won" by a clear and distinct victory. Perpetual war is necessary to justify the freaking massive budgets demanded by our intelligence and "defense".
    Not quite, as it is not the only method, and isn't to justify budgets. The problem is that a capitalist economy requires "growth" to prosper, and what we might consider "wastage" is actually artificial growth. The cold war arms race and the space race are examples of non-combative approaches, and Vietnam would be the classic combat scenario.

You might notice that the US economy was relatively strong during these periods. The theory is that you need some sort of "wasteful" activity that stimulates the economy (takes up the slack) without fueling inflation due to the multiplier effect. Shooting stuff into space or dropping it on Vietnam fits the bill.

"Get a Brain Morans!!!!"
    Maybe he was dyslexic and couldn't spell "Brian" (it is capitalised?), and Moran is a well known surname, as in "Bugsy Moran"

What a joke if they coin digital attacks as an act of terrorism.
    illv // seen the digital world from monochrome dial up to what it is today.

What a joke if they coin digital attacks as an act of terrorism.
    I am afraid that I don't see any joke there at all. For the past 10 years I have advocated that terrorists are a shower of wankers for believing that leaving a bomb in a restaurant or a supermarket would actually achieve anything other than stir up mass hatred for them and their causes.

It was obvious to me back then that the internet was the way the World was going, and presented you with selective and identifiable targets.

Sometimes I actually wonder who sets these things off............news footage of innocent dead just pisses people off.........which benefits whom???????????

What I am suggesting is that if you can believe that government agencies, either sanctioned or on their own, and either directly or through agents provocateurs, can do such things................ why not cyber attacks.

Hey, the Chinese government have already been accused haven't they?
    Last edited by nihil; June 23rd, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

the theory put forth by nihil, sounds like a good possibility, what better way to get the hornets arroused.