What's up with Wikileaks

Thread: What's up with Wikileaks

What's up with Wikileaks

I've been spending alot more time, lately, in the world of subversion, truth and civil liberties; while looking around the Wikileaks site I've noticed alot of it is inaccessible. I know that WikiLeaks.org domain has been allowed to be used after a judgement was originally placed against it, and there are parts of the site still accessible. The Archives are not, The Afghan war diaries are not, the Rules of Engagement for Iraq are not.

Is this something like online poker for real money that Americans in the land of the 'free' are banned from? Has my ISP bowed to government pressure?

I've even tried a handful of the mirror sites, especially the Swedish one and still these specific areas are inaccessible.

So I have two questions: 1) Why is this? and most importantly 2) How do I circumvent it?

Thanks to all respondents in advance ...
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

Dunno mate,

I can get to the archives here:

http://www.wikileaks.ch/wiki/Main_Page

".ch" if it's like automobile plate IDs then that would be Switzerland?

NOTE: It takes a while to load over my 1MBps ASDL connection.

Have you tried going through a UK proxy server?

1.) Could it just be Wikileaks? ................. like if they expect judicial interference they may be setting up and moving stuff to countries that would be less friendly to external interference?

2.) See above.

Has my ISP bowed to government pressure?
    That I very much doubt:

1. Your government wouldn't want the adverse publicity. Most people haven't even heard of Wickileaks, but if you start pissing with their civil liberties then they soon will?

2. No ISP with any brains or balls would do such a thing without a court order; and would make that public.

3. Wikileaks would find out and squeal like a stuck pig!

Like I said, it looks more like an internal restructuring that is in progress?

EDIT:

List of mirrors:

http://wikileaks.info/
    Last edited by nihil; June 23rd, 2011 at 11:53 AM.

hmmmm

Yeah, Nihil, I can't even get the archives page to load on that mirror. The link to the mirror site you sent is the same I've had bookmarked for sometime. I notice that even on the main site the 'mirror' page has no mirrors on it and the 'media' page is lacking in some essential components too.

If its internal restructuring wouldn't they have put something on the site informing guests of this? Its like a not-quite-completed site right now.
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

HYBR|D
    Works fine for me.

ring your isp and ask if they are filtering out websites.
    Last edited by HYBR|D; October 14th, 2011 at 05:32 AM.

Hmmmmm....................

not found, overloaded or other issues ...

We are sorry but we cannot answer your request at the moment.
    This may be any kind of error.
    That almost sounds like Microsoft? a "general protection fault" or whatever?

I can understand Wikileaks not saying what they are doing until it is finished as that would avoid giving prior warning to whoever is up to no good?

I don't see why the link doesn't work anymore though????????????

Yeah, maybe I will ring them and ask.
    thanks for the try Hybrid, your screenshot is from the home page which also works for me its the archives page and the others I mentioned that I can't access.

Please try those pages and tell me if you can get them.

Im really psyched about Wikileaks and all its about and this is really depressing and frustrating.

HYBR|D
    Hmm they must still be getting hit D'Dos wise, i'm not sure if it would be helpful but i was able to view numerous pages via thewaybackmachine website. just punch in wikileaks.ch/wiki/Main_Page on that way back machine website.

I tried the .ch mirror a minute ago and it worked perfectly.
    Have you tried going through a proxy server to get to the site?