malware/virus - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: malware/virus

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Well they do warn you "this might take a few hours"

I tried to create a CD on a Windows XP SP3 box, and found that I had to get one of those e-mail hotfixes from MS. My Windows is up to date as far as Microsoft updates are concerned.

You need to create a new DVD each time to get the latest definitions, it would seem?

I am not sure about this but it looks like it runs some sort of cut down version of Windows 7?

The PANDA one runs Debian Linux.
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Yeah we run debian and if your hardware is not picked up by the safe cd, let me know and I can have it included.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I am using comodo rescue disk.. its good... you can try using it...

Sherinfriedler,

You should really look at the dates of the posts. If you read the thread, it was dirty fans which caused overheating, nothing a rescue disc could fix.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Aaron!!!!

Sherinfrindler or whatever, is a bot.....................
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

ya used avg it's i think the best antivirus for all. i use it for 6 year and i have no virus on my pc upto now.

Iliyas,

Might I point out that my last post (the one you posted after) was 15 months ago?............................please check the dates before you post

Now, you raise an interesting question?

You say that " i use it for 6 year and i have no virus on my pc upto now."

You have joined a security site, which implies that you have some knowledge of security issues does it not? That suggests to me that you probably practice "safe computing"; so you might be giving credit to an AV product that really belongs to yourself?

How many malware incidents has your security software intercepted that you would not have avoided yourself?

cheers

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Iliyas,

You have joined a security site, which implies that you have some knowledge of security issues does it not? That suggests to me that you probably practice "safe computing"; so you might be giving credit to an AV product that really belongs to yourself?

How many malware incidents has your security software intercepted that you would not have avoided yourself?

cheers
    I agree, that the operator, not the AV program is doing it.